Chapter 14

"How dramatic can it be? Look at that face", Suho whispered to his partner-in-crime, Baekhyun as they had decided to go check on Minseok from the corner of the dining hall's opening. "They look so cute together, though", Baekhyun said with a tone of admiration obvious in his voice. Or maybe, just maybe, it was a tone of being a fan of those two. Because holy shit, were they cute. It had been a quick thought to go sneak up on them and Baekhyun, the one who made the idea had been quickly joined by Suho who was as curious as the other.

The happy couple was very oblivious to the two peering on them - both had dropped their guards down, even Minseok, who had sworn that he'd never abandon it (at least never with Luhan). He had let his guard down, falling from a bed, almost running into very intimidating people, losing a hat... The list could've gone on forever.

But they were sat right here, right in this moment, eyeing the red decoration and wood carvings all around the space, and once again, Minseok was purely amazed by how much work must've been put into making everything happen. More then he could imagine. Way more than he could ever imagine. In those thoughts, he forgot Luhan. He forgot the moment as his memory fled his through times that had happened. He walked in here with Luhan. He stared at Luhan. He stared, and stared, but was Luhan the first one who stared at him? He had gotten a drive from his friend, whose name he didn't even remember anymore, was it Erik or Paul? What was it? What colour was the car? What colour was the sky? What happened in the morning? What kind of emotion was in his mother's eyes? He couldn't remember.

He couldn't remember. His eyes were nailed to the other's bandaged hand. What happened to his hand. What happened to his hand? Oh God, why hadn't Minseok asked him what had happened to his hand? "Minse-" Luhan asked, but was quickly interrupted by Minseok who seemed to be somewhere else than very awake in the present. "Wh-what happened to your hand?!" Minseok asked, choking, his eyes becoming huge as he looked at the person opposite to him, worried sick if he was fine. He was fine, right? Was he fine? He must've been? His eyes didn't look like he was in pain. Or was he? He looked strange.

"My hand? Oh, it's fine, are you alright?" Luhan said softly, suddenly having a strange feeling about this ordeal. Minseok let out a small gasp and let his figure fall down in the chair, his back becoming arched instead of straight as it was. He felt like he was suffocating.

"What in the...?" Baekhyun asked, watching how Minseok's movements were suddenly so odd, how he dropped himself to the chair. Suho couldn't utter a word and was struggling to stay there, to not to run anywhere.

Luhan felt quickly a bit lost. Did Minseok have a sickness he hadn't been informed of? His actions were so different from what he'd usually do, from what he knew. The deep breaths he took were over exaggerated and his tiny body looked like it wasn't getting enough air. "Minseok, hey, let's go to the deck, get some air?" Luhan tried, reaching for his friend's hand as an attempt to get his attention. Maybe he needed Sehun. Did Sehun even treat "peasants"? Luhan didn't know but he swore if he didn't, he'd make him.

Minseok's head jerked upwards as Luhan's hand touched his, a gesture so small seemed to wake him up from his dreams, or nightmares. "W-what?" Minseok asked with a voice so small he seemed like his outer shell had been broken and all what was left was... something else. Well, it was before he tried to pull his hand out of Luhan's who had managed to get a grip on the other's hand. There was something up with him, Luhan knew it. Minseok yanked again and Luhan was pulled to the edge of the table, his front almost digging into the edge of the table. "Alright, alright, come with me", he said with a certain level of sternness yet politeness he didn't know he could produce at the same time, getting up, never letting Minseok's hand go.

After pulling himself up from the chair, he walked around the small, round, wooden table and pulled his partner up as well, beginning to gently guide him to Sehun's office. How did he wish Sehun would be there, to see what was going on. He didn't want to admit it but he was getting a little scared - this kind of behaviour was completely new to him. In so many ways.