Not meeting the whole family

I decided maybe I could invite her family and her for dinner tonight. Just to be nice. "Hey dad. Can I invite the Greene's for dinner tonight?" "Sure but I won't be here. I have some work to do at the station." "Oh. Ok." I went over to ask. Knock knock knock. "Hello. " "umm. Hi. I am Jackson. I am wondering maybe you and your family could come over for dinner tonight?" "Well, we might be busy. Tell your parents that we might be coming. I will send Emily over there to tell you." "Umm. Sir, it's just me and my dad but tonight he has to work in the city. He is a police officer." "Ok. I will send Emily to tell you." He said. Awesome! My plan will work. Emily would come over! Maybe she will help me make supper and clean up! I really hope it works! 3:00. Ding dong. "Hello?" "Hey. You must be Jackson's dad." "Yeah. Umm, who are you?" "Oh. I am your neighbor. I am Emily. Is Jackson here?" "No I'm sorry he went into the woods for a walk." "Oh ok. Can you tell him that my family and me won't be here for dinner tonight?" "Uh, sure." At 6:00. My dad already left. So I decided to make the dinner. I am making steak with Cesar salad, garlic bread and for the desert I assume that they like cherry pie. Which I hate so I won't he it. When they are cooking I set up the dinner table. I went up the attic to grab some plates. I set the table and light some candles and put on music. They are coming at 6:30 and it is 6:20. 7:00. They were supposed to come at 6:30 it is 7:00. I waited until 8 and they haven't come. So I went to bed. I looked out the window and the lights were off.