Part 2

!!!!This is not just the prologue, it is also the first chapter.

If you've read the prologue in book one, you should scroll until I stop you.

Tomorrow there will be another chapter

Media: Zane Drowland

POV TRIS.

"Mom, dad! I brought some food!" I yell when I close the door.

I look up and see a broken mirror. There is blood on it.

"Hello?" I ask.

I walk into the room and find everything on the ground. My eyes widen. The closet with cups and plates has fallen over and all the books have fallen from the shelves.

"Mom?" I ask panicked.

I walk into the kitchen and see blood coming out of the closet.

My breathing hitches. I slowly walk towards it.

With a shaky hand I reach the handle. I pull it and something heavy falls on top of me.

I scream and fall on the ground with the weight on top of me.

I open my eyes and find my dad's eyes. He is staring right back at me but that's not all... He is not blinking. There is a bulletwound in his head.

I scream and push myself from underneath him.

His dead body is laying next to me.

"Dad!" I scream crying. I lay my hand on his cheek. "NO! Please, dad! Don't leave me! Please..."

I take is dead body into my arms and press it against mine. "Daddy... I need you." I whisper crying.

I lay his body down on the ground and with shaky hands I close his eyes.

"I love you..."

I hear something fall upstairs.

My eyes widen and I quickly grab a knife.

I slowly walk upstairs to my parents' room. I find my mom laying on the ground. She has a bulletwound right above her heart

"Mom!" I scream. I run towards her and fall on the ground next to her.

I can hear her breathing.

"Mom. I'm here. I'll call the police and an ambulance." I say but when I want to get up, my mom grabs my hand.

"Get out of here, Tris. Pack your stuff and get far far away." she whispers with her last breath. "Open the nightstand... Get the letter and leave."

I shake my head no. "I am not leaving you."

"I won't make it, Tris. They won't get in time. Promise me.... Promise me that you'll go."

I swallow and close my eyes. "Who did this to you?"

"His name is Aleksei... that is all I know..." she says.

She starts coughing and blood leaves her mouth.

My mom lays her hand on my cheek. "Promise me..."

I let out a sob. "I promise..." I whisper.

"May we meet again, sweetheart..." she whispers.

Her eyes roll to the back of her head and her heavy breathing stops.

"Mom." I cry. "No.... Mom...."