Angelica!

It was a fairly warm fall evening. You were sitting in your room with Angelica, who was one year younger that you, and two years younger than Philip.

"So, what about birds?" Angelica asked.

"Mm, depends on what kind of bird it is. I mean, Robins are pretty, but blackbirds are just anoying," you responded.

"Oh. I really like parakeets! They're my favourite."

"Really? Oh good!"

"Why's that good?" Angelica questioned.

You went flush, realizing you might have just ruined the suprize. "No reason!" You said a little too quickly. Unfortunately, Angelica was a very clever child and wasn't fooled by you.

"(Y/n)," She warned playfully.

You sighed. "Alright alright. You know anyway." You reached under you bed to grab a large, cylinder-shaped box. "Happy early birthday, Angie!" You said, pushing the box towards her.

Her eyes lit up, connecting the pieces of what you said and this.

"Oh!" She tore the top of the box off in a careful manner and reached in to grab the contents. A bird cage containing a parakeet was pulled out.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" Angelica yelled as she wrapped you in a hug.

You giggled as you hugged her back, and stayed like that for a few minutes. It wasn't an awkward silence, more like a shared, peaceful silence, if there is such a thing.

"Sooo, I've been thinking," Angelica started.

"Oop, thanks for the warning," I said as I got up and made my way towards the door

"Haha very funny." Angelica sassed as she lightly grasped your wrist and pulled you onto the bed. "So, do you have a special someone you have your eye on?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows. A blush crept it's way up your neck.

"N-no, why would you ask that?" That makes two times your stutter has screwed you over.

"Mhm," Angie responds, "I've seen the way you look at my brother, you like him don't you?" You stayed silent because your stutter would surely give it away. Sadly, your silence was more than enough of an answer.

Angie let out a squeal as you covered her mouth with your hand.

"Shh! His room is right next door," you said, your blush intensifying.

"Oha! Ut I igt seep," She said, her words muffled by your hand. You had absolutely no idea what she just said, but you assumed it was something about her agreeing not to tell anyone.

You released her mouth from your hand.

"But if I hear he likes you too, I'm gonna tell him,"

"No, that's when you wouldn't tell him!" You scolded her.

"Aww but (y/n)," Angie whined

"No 'buts' about it," you said as you put on the most motherly face you could. She only giggled

"Angelica! (Y/n)! Supper is ready!" Eliza called from downstairs.

"Yay!" Angie clapped. She acted more like a child than not most of the time, but you loved her for it.

Hey, I've been trying to write some filler chapters to lengthen the story a bit and I realized that the main chapters are 1000+ words and fillers are only 400+ words. Whoops!

My uncle died on Sunday so today and yesterday was the funeral and visitation leaving not a lot of time to write. I fit it in though!

I'm trying to decide how to split up the main chapters cuz when I write a chapter with a purpose in mind it gets so long.