5

Nearly a week had gone by since that rainy day when Murdoc started to (without his knowledge) develop feelings for his mystery person.

Several notes had been passed back and forth on those days, anonymously of course. Murdoc began slowly revealing more and more about himself to the stranger; and in return, the stranger would also drop little facts about themselves here and there too.

While the raven haired boy still couldn't piece together who it was, he knew that he needed to know soon. Whatever the swelling feeling in his chest was every time the mystery person would cross his thoughts, he wanted to know what it all meant. Murdoc figured the answer would be uncovered once he met the person.

During that week, Murdoc had also happened to drop by 'Uncle Norm's Organ Emporium' twice to visit Stuart. The lanky boy always seemed pleased whenever he showed up. The bluenette kept the beautiful, red bass shined and polished just for Murdoc- but he didn't need to know that. (He also hid it away when other customers entered just so they wouldn't buy it and the raven haired boy would have a reason to keep coming). The two teenage boys would often jam out to their favorite bands whenever the store was empty. Both were quite talented musicians after all.

However, when it came to school, he never caught anyone paying any attention to him at all. Murdoc tried to be more perceptive to that kind of thing as of late, but no one ever seemed to look his way. The mystery person had teased him about this once in a letter, saying that he'd see Murdoc looking around and watching his back, but was never able to find them.

Although it annoyed him as to how he could never see the person who always seemed to see him, he knew he'd have to wait until they were okay with revealing themselves.

. . .

It was Monday. He hated Monday's. It'd take a minor miracle for even the thought of a smile to cross Murdoc's brain. The sun was already burning in the sky as he made his way to school that morning only making him resent the day more.

Murdoc entered the bustling school and made a b-line for his locker, not wanting to start trouble so early in his week. He had a few materials he needed to get out of there anyway.

When he arrived to full-length locker, he twisted his combination lock only to see a small scrap of paper fall out as he opened it. The teen bent down to pick it up, hoping it wasn't a death threat, but was surprised when he recognized the neatly printed handwriting.

-----

Hey Murdoc, I know this is real sudden and all but... I just wanted to know if maybe you fancy meeting up after school? I know it's kind of a weird request! But I couldn't stop thinking about you... and I think it's about time we finally met. There's that bar a few blocks down from here where they don't card, that's where I first ever saw you, we could meet up there. I understand if you're busy or you'd rather we just never met, but if you do want to... It'd make me really happy. I'll be there all night, waiting for you. So if you don't show up, I'll just assume you aren't interested- but I can still write you if you want! Sorry, I just... want to see you.

-----

Murdoc felt his mind go blank as he stared at the written note. The mystery person finally wanted to meet? He'd been waiting for this moment ever since the first letter; but now that the time had actually come... he felt unsure of himself.

The writing in this particular note had been a bit sloppy, as if the person writing it were shaky while doing it. They must've been nervous too which gave him a little confidence, but not much.

How he'd make it through the day with these thoughts bartering his mind, he had no idea.

. . .

The school day finally ended. By that time, Murdoc must've read the note at least a hundred times over to make sure it wasn't just his wishful thinking or some cruel day dream. And however his mind tried to fight that it wasn't real, the evidence had been in his hand all day.

As he walked out of the school, Murdoc thought about dropping by home- maybe changing into something a bit classier to impress his mystery person. He also figured he could use that chance to prepare himself and sort out his words before he actually went. 

So that's what he did.

At a quickened pace, the raven haired boy raced back home and grabbed a clean, black v-neck from his closet, pulled on some black jeans, slipped his Cuban heeled boots back on and raced out the door. 

Although the mystery person said they'd wait all night for Murdoc to show up, he didn't want it to look like he didn't care. On the contrary, he cared a lot. 

He hurried down to the bar where the person had instructed to meet them at. When he arrived, he took a minute to calm himself down. He'd been in such a rush he didn't even mentally prepare himself for what he'd do when he walked through the doors (even though he must've thought of it a million times today).

Murdoc took one last breath in, his hand clutching the door handle as if it was his only chance for survival. He exhaled through his nose and finally had the guts to push open the door.

And there, at a small, red-clothed table in the center of the room, sat a familiar face who appeared to be waiting for someone with a beer in his hand and another sitting in the vacant spot across from him.

"Stuart?"