Chūnin exams: Part one

A/N: I'm sorry for the late update, i also accidentally published this chapter before it was finished, so sorry to Misaki-yui, I couldn't reply in the messages thingy because I didn't activate it in my email so thank you and my viewers for understanding!

I promise you this chapter is worth it! I now present, the longest chapter I have currently ever written!

xxx

"It looks like a goose is living on your head teme!"

"Shut up, ama"

"MAKE ME TEME!"

"G—guys..."

Kyuubi couldn't prevent the loud grunt that issued from his lips. The twins have been at it for more than five minutes and Kyuubi still wanted sleep. After hearing more arguments, he blindly grabbed the pillow next to him and pulled it over his head and ears.

'That's better'

His triumph was short lived however when a small hand began to shake him on the shoulder. "Nē, Kyuubi Sensei" after hearing Kaori's voice he shifted and covered his ears once more, trying to blindly block out any noise that directed towards them.

'Ugh, Sleep...'

Unfortunately Kaori was persistent, deciding that she would shake him harder. "I'm hungry," She wined, fusing her eyebrows together in annoyance and somehow still managing to be polite amidst the chaos. At this, Kyuubi slurred a reply.

"Ask. Twiiinssss..." finally thinking he was now unbothered, he took the pillow off of his head and opened his eyes slowly.

"B—But Kyu—"

"COME HERE SO I CAN SLIT YOUR THROAT, TEME!"

Kyuubi flinched harshly at the sound of Kumiko's bloodlust voice piercing through the silence and unable to do anything else, sighed, stood up and headed for the kitchen.

"I'll make breakfast"

xxx

After getting Kaori fed and Separating Kumiko from strangling Kai, Kyuubi decided that he should take the trio to the training grounds, to prepare for their exams that evening. The twins would occasionally bicker, but other than that Kaori and him would enjoy the peaceful sound of the nature around them.

"Alright," Kyuubi strolled over to a tree, and took his time to get comfortable before he continued instructions. "I planned something different, since we haven't had a mission in a while." His audience perked up with the promise of potentially interesting playtime. "Kai will be with me, and the two of you will be an opposing team"

Kai smirked tauntingly at Kumiko when she scathed him with a glare, her pupils slowly dilating into tiny slits. Kaori perked up gleefully, apparently not noticing the dark aura starting to surround her siblings.

"I want you two to go set up a 'base', trap, and defend it as if it's the most secret, important thing in your lives. I'm giving you a full hour to prepare, so I expect defenses to be excellent," Kyuubi continued, having long mastered the art of surviving Kumiko's murderous death glare. "Your goal will be to prevent Kai and I from discovering the base, from collecting information from your base, and leaving with that information."

Kurama closed his eyes and rested his full weight against the tree, lazily lifting one of his hands and moving it up-and-down for the two girls to do his bidding. "Go"