Wake me up when I stop dreaming, Dad

I don't get my dad. He's flipped. It's all Apocalypses Now. He's pacing and apparently Mom's been drinking the same cup of coffee since seven. And it's nearly two. Maybe I should just offer to chain myself to my bed. It's probably safer. I can’t believe he's going so off his head. It's so stupid. They're not going to do anything. They can't. I'm not useless. I am Rage's daughter. That sounds stupid. How has this freaked them out so much? I don't understand. But he likes me that way. Stupid and incapable.

[GREEN'S POV]

"Can you just sit down?"

"No, I can't. You've gotta go back in your room. And I'm locking the window."

"You can't just lock me up. it's not just all gonna disappear."

"It doesn't need to disappear. You do."

"No. I'm going to sleep. With my door open."

Dad sat down and put his head in his hands. He sighed loudly.

"I want to look after you. And I don't want to lose your mom again."

"Again?"

"They told me I couldn't keep her. They said unless I was there to give them their saviour then I couldn't stay. Ad she wasn't allowed to leave. But then she got pregnant. She told me before I could leave. I told her that the only way for us to be together is if she followed me. I didn't want them to destroy everything. I hated my home but it was still my home. Mom and I fought all the time but she was still my mom. I'll destroy myself. I'll destroy those around me. But I will not let them hurt you."