The City Of The Damned is the city of the dead

I live in a world of mad people. And I only seem to know the worst. Billie's awake but they won't let him in. And that Trecool keeps looking at me funny. Not bad funny, just funny. They keep saying that I am the last and how joyful it makes them. I don't understand. I'm even more confused than before. And that's just not fair.

[GREEN'S POV]

I looked out the window, trying to find Billie. He was gone and so was his car. I sighed. He'd left me alone. I could hear talking outside the door. They'd told me to make myself at home. Then they locked me in. It felt like home.

"Beauty?"

I didn't get why they called me that but I kinda liked it.

"Yeah?"

"Would you like food?"

"Food sounds good."

The door unlocked and Trecool stood there, holding a plate of bread and cheese.

"What's this?"

"Breakfast."

"Oh. No burgers?"

"No."

He chuckled softly and smiled at me.

"You're very beautiful."

I could feel my cheeks behaving like chameleons.

"Thank you."

"Eat up and then change and we can move you over to Poppy."

I took the food and sat on the floor. I was starting to get the creeps. And what was worse was that I was agreeing with Dad, this place wasn't good. I started counting in my head, seeing how far I could get before the world ended.

[POPPY'S POV]

I danced around the room, setting up my pots. My gown flew out as I span.

"You enjoying yourself?"

I turned to see Trecool smiling at me.

"Hello, Tre."

He ran forward, wrapping his arms around me.

"Who knew a flower child could be so beautiful?"

"Not I."

A throat cleared and we spun around, separating.

"Sorry, I'm looking for Poppy?"

"That is I."

"Poppy will turn you into a beautiful swan."

"She isn't an ugly duckling, Tre. Take a seat, please."

[GREEN'S POV]

I did as I was told and took my place. Trecool smiled and left us alone.

"You and Trecool. Must be good?"

"Not really. I’m not allowed to be with him."

I sighed. That seemed to be a big rule here.

"No one should stop you falling in love."

"Who taught you that?"

"I dunno. My parents I guess.........But I kinda sorta knew it on my own."

"You in love then?"

"Yep."

Was I?

"What's his name?"

"Billie."

That was new.

"Sounds nice. I've never known someone with a normal name, like that"

"I'd say there's me but Green isn't that normal."

"Plus the fact that here you're known as Beauty."

She sang softly as her brush stroked my skin, decorating me. My gown was similar to hers but somehow seemed grander. I closed my eyes, her voice becoming a lullaby.

"Dearly beloved,

are you listening?"

[POPPY'S POV]

She was sound asleep and snuffling slightly. I felt sorry for her. I knew what she had to do. And it sucked.

"She finished?"

"And asleep. When will it happen?"

"Midnight. Now she must eat our feast. Wake her."

[BILLIE'S POV]

My heart was pounding in my chest. It'd taken me too long. I was never gonna get there at this rate. The familiar blue paintwork calmed slightly and I stopped and ran into the diner. Mrs. Day sat behind the counter and Jimmy was nowhere to be seen. There was one customer at the counter. I changed the sign and walked up to him, looking into his coffee cup. About three sips left.

"Excuse me, I have to ask you to hurry up. We’re closed."

"I paid good money for this coffee. I'll take as long as I like."

"Where's Mr. Day?"

"He's upstairs. Billie, what's wrong?"

[JIMMY'S POV]

I sat, staring out the window. She was gone. It was over. There was a loud banging noise and I turned to see Billie looking flustered.

"Sir, we have to save her!"

"Save who?"

"Green! They've taken her. Please? I need her......."

I looked into his eyes and saw the same look that I'd once worn.

"Fine. Grab Whatsername."

I grabbed some things and headed downstairs.

"Why is there still someone sat in here?"

"He won't hurry up."

"Look, if you don't finish that coffee now you won't be able to drink coffee ever again because the world will have ended. And I don't just mean because you're slow. So sip up and get out."

"Can I at least get another coffee to go?"

"No, we're closed. Get out."

He huffed and finally left.

"Right, time to go."

"Go where?"

"Billie's taking you home."

[GREEN'S POV]

I don't think I’d ever seen as much food in one place before. And I grew up in a diner. That was worryingly impressive. People were laughing and dancing and it was getting late. Trecool was sat by Father Power but his eyes never left Poppy. Every time a man even spoke to her he tensed up. So he was pretty tense by this point. I wanna know what the look he kept giving me meant. I got up and moved towards the door but he was quickly next to me.

"You alright?"

"Dizzy. Too much merriment."

"So, you're freaked."

"I don't even know what I'm doing."

"You shoot the gun with the twenty one bullets and kill the selected children of the Damned."

"I so wish I hadn't asked. I don't wanna do it."

"You don't have a choice."

"I'll fight you on this."

"Forever Rage's daughter."

"What did you think I was?"

"The last of the American girls. You turn from them and we will rise."

"No. I will rise!"

I tightened my fists as Trecool walked away from me.

"Be careful, you may be the Ultimum Puer De Iram but The City Of The Damned will fall."

I couldn't breathe. I could feel anger flowing through me. This wasn't fair.

"Come, Beauty. It's almost time."