Not quite a holiday

Dad's a dad.  I never saw that one coming. It never quite made sense to me. nut I have to find them. It's 5am and all I can think is 'who wants me?'. Stupid, I know. There has to be a reason. i wonder if Billie got his car yet. He must've by now. We never talk about that stuff anymore. Well, it's time to find out.

[BILLIE'S POV]

"You look beautiful. My beautiful bride."

"Thank you. Now let's party. Whoaaaaa!"

"Huh?"

"The clock hit twelve, she entered the room....."

I stuck out my arm and grabbed my phone.

"What?!"

"Sorry to wake you."

"Oh, Green. No, it's fine."

"Fancy a road trip?"

"Where to?"

"To find that tribe I belong to.""Alright. I'll be round at five thirty."

 hung up and slowly sat up. Sometimes I wanted to hate her, but I couldn't. She could easily hate me though.

[JIMMY'S POV]

My body was tired but my brain was awake. i paced around the room. My body couldn't take much more. I moved towards Green's room.

"Fancy a road trip? To find this tribe I belong to."

"Stop listening in on her. Just let her go. She wants it. And I want to go home."

"Are you serious?! Listen to yourself! That's insane! They tried to keep us apart!"

"No! You tried to! You're the one who tried to up and leave!"

"I wasn't staying where I wasn't wanted!"

[GREEN'S POV]

I lay back and pulled a pillow over my face.

"You weren't wanted because you werent one of us!"

"All i wanted was you! Not them!"

"Well, I belonged with them."

"Fne! Go back!"

Then came silence, broken by a loud knock from downstairs. I opened my window to see Billie stood outside.

"Billie! I'll be right down!"

I grabbed my bag and headed out of my room.

"I'll see you when I get back."

[JIMMY'S POV]

I wanted to stop her but I couldn't move. Nothing worked.

"Green........"

"Yeah?"

"The City Of The Damned can't fall. Promise me that."

"I'll do what i have to. no promises anymore."

I watched her walk away. She turned back at the door but there was no emotion in her eyes. We were dead to her now.

[GREEN'S POV]

The journey was mostly silent but it was a comfortable silence. He knew I needed to think. I opened the book again, reading the same line again and again. The Avnan Tribe is situated in Oakland, California. It didn't give anymore detail but we had time to drive around.