Welcome to the Boulevard

I'm sat in a car outside the house that is used as the Avnan Tribe's holy place. Nowhere near my parents. I'm not gonna open my eyes to see my ceiling. I'm not gonna shut my eyes and feel Dad collide with me. I'm actually here. And I'm terrified. Billie seems so peaceful. He shut his eyes to rest and is now basically dead to the world. Now's the time.

[GREEN'S POV]

I stepped out of the car to see people going into the house. I followed them to the doorway.

"Hello? Can I help you?"

"Hey, I'm Green. I'm looking for the leader of the Avnan Tribe."

"Why would that be?"

"Because I know where Love is."

"You do?"

"Yeah. She lives with St. Jimmy, in his diner."

"Green?"

"Yes?"

"Come inside."

I followed him in and he led me to an older man and whispered in his ear.

"So, Green. Trecool, here, tells me that you know where my daughter is."

"I do."

"How do you know?"

"Because I'm her daughter."

There was a collective gasp in the room, all eyes firmly on me.

[TRECOOL'S POV]

She was shaking and her eyes were constantly darting back and forth, between Father Power and I.

"What is your father's name?"

"Jimmy Day."

"St. Jimmy!"

"Yes, Trecool. So, you are the child of Love and Rage. You are our saviour."

Her body faltered momentarily but then she became strong and powerful, like a swan as it takes to the water. She was beautiful. Too beautiful.

"It is written that from these two things something beautiful will emerge. And you are truly that, Beauty. welcome to the Boulevard Of Broken Dreams."

Father Power kissed her forehead and moved to the front of the house. I pulled Beauty to the side and lead her upstairs.

"Broken dreams?"

"Here we cannot be perfect. Once salvation comes we can create a better life. When The City Of The Damned falls."