13. INTERMISSION: BAD SEX

A humorous take on what happened between Mulder and Scully after the episode "all things" fades to black.

SCULLY'S VERSION

I woke up and it took me a second to realize I was on Mulder's couch.Normally I find quite endearing Mulder's inability to tell when a woman is interested on discussing more than UFO's and the supernatural with him. But tonight I was hoping he could read my signs of interest without so much effort. The fact that after babbling so long and practically calling him the only right choice for me. My clueless, but handsome partner decided to leave me, alone,didn't seem to indicate he got the message that I was ready.

I looked around and saw there was still light on his room. I was hoping that if he was still awake maybe he was waiting for me to wake up and we could...Resume our conversation.

I walked through the door and he was reading one of his UFO magazines.Not the mood setting scenario I was waiting for.

"Scully! You are awake! I imagined after that friendly talk we had you probably wanted be left alone." I sighed trying to see if I could salvage the night. I took my jacket off and threw it on his bed.

"You know I actually was very uncomfortable in the couch. You could had carry me to the bed you know?" I said in my best sultry voice.

"I'm sorry, you are right how do you put up with such a lousy partner,Scully?" He lowered his head and put his hands on his face. He was getting into guilt mode. I had to correct this fast. If he reached the brooding stage, he will stay stuck in it for a week.

"Mulder is okay...Why don't you give me a back massage...?" I said raising my left eyebrow seductively.

"Sure thing pal!" He said, more chirpy than expected.

I sat on the bed, moved my hair out of the way and let him work on my back. It felt really good and I started to vocalize my...enthusiasm.I thought he will be able to understand the meaning of me seating on his bed at that late hour. Mulder kept talking about crop circles and work and the lone gunmen. Since subtlety was not taking me anywhere I tried a more direct approach.

"You could finish the massage with a kiss in my neck," He kissed me on the neck and I turned around to guide my face towards his lips.

"Scully, does your back feel better?"

"Yes..."I whispered leaning in.

"Good!"He said. Distancing himself immediately, to go back to read his magazine. I almost felt in the bed due to the momentum. I was slightly exasperated given how abruptly the situation ended.

"Seriously, Mulder for a guy with a vast porn collection you seriously can't read a sexual advance, can you?" He gave me a puzzled look with the magazine in his hands.

"What do you mean?"

"Mulder,I'm ready," I said with the widest smile I could give him.

"Oh sorry I didn't notice. You are ready to leave. Good night, partner!"I took a deep breath.

"Actually I rather spend the night...in this bed." I caressed the mattress and bit my lower lip. He looked at me slightly confused.

"Okay"He said and went to sit in the floor.

"What are you doing?"

"You want the bed I will just sit in the floor...like usual." He turned around still reading the magazine. I took it out of his hands.He gave me another puzzle look.