Chapter 1

"Maggie get up!" someone shouted through her door.

      Magnolia Williams groaned before rolling over and pulling her blanket over her head. There was another knock followed by more shouting causing the fifteen year old to open her eyes and glare at the ceiling. Then it clicked, it was September first; the first day of Hogwarts. Maggie looked at the time and jumped out of bed. Lucky for her they lived in London so they didn't have to leave the house early, but Joan, her adoptive mother, would absolutely freak out if she wasn't ready to walk out the door by Ten, and it was nine thirty.

      Deciding that she didn't have time to fully get ready to go, the girl threw on whatever didn't smell bad and quickly shoved her pile of Hogwarts things into her truck. Her cat, Bean, hissed angrily at her, when her bed (maggie's school clothes) had been ripped out from under her. Maggie smiled innocently at the cat before scooping it up and running out her bedroom door.

      "Morning Joan!" she said.

      "It took you long enough," the woman barked.

      "Sorry, I went to bed late last night." Maggie grinned.

      "Why?"

      " I was working on Travis' birthday gift since his birthday is tomorrow."

      "Tch," the woman hissed, "Eat something, I don't want to hear you complain about being hungry later."

      "Yes ma'am." That was a better turn out than Maggie expected. Joan hadn't even yelled at anyone this morning which was a great impro-

      "IVY MARIE WILLIAMS WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST DO!"

      Maggie sighed, looked at Bean and continued eating her meager breakfast of oatmeal mixed with a few strawberry preserves causing her to gag when she got a bite of nothing but oatmeal. She couldn't wait to get to Hogwarts where she could eat scones or crumpets for breakfast, or maybe even muffins if she felt like it. She couldn't wait to eat her heart out at the feast then regret it a minute later. She couldn't wait to sit on the hufflepuff common room couch with Alexa and Travis and complain about the course load.

      However, there was one thing that she dreaded the most about hogwarts. Her own sisters didn't know of her existence. Okay, existence is rather dramatic but they didn't know that they were sisters and it bothered Maggie to no end. How do you not get suspicious when a whole human being looks almost the exact same as you? She had no idea. If she was in Lavender's shoes, she would have known something was up.

      When she and Ivy were younger, Maggie had asked why they had to be separated. Joan didn't like that very much and told her not to stick her nose where it didn't belong. Which Maggie did anyway until she realized the only thing that would happen was getting grounded and being stuck in her room for a week, not allowed to leave it except to use the restroom.

    Ivy had it worse than she did, and it hurt watching her sister become the brunt end of all of Joans anger. Maggie did what she could to help stop it from happening, but the 14 year old seemed to think antagonizing the woman was the best thing in the world.

     The teen sat there and continued eating her oatmeal, choosing to ignore all the shouting that came from upstairs, wishing that ten o'clock would come faster so she could board the train. Joan came thundering down the steps, her wrinkled face bright red with anger.

      "Why are you still sitting here?"

      "Cause I live here," Maggie said dully.

      "Tch, I bet you still have packing to do, you had better do it," She griped, "And get that stupid cat off of my table. Then change your clothes, you look like a slob."