1.1

12 years ago..

Mary and Francis were headed to Paris, when Mary decided to go swimming in a nearby lake. Francis followed her, they had an amazing time. When they dried off, and got dressed, assassins were there. They knew they were traveling to Paris. Francis was stabbed, and the assassins got away. Something in him knew he had to fight for his life, and he survived.

-

12 years later...

-

-

"Mom?" Prince Henry poked Mary's side and she flinched.
"Yes, my dearest?" Mary bent down to see his face.
"Why is Elizabeth here?" Henry asked. Mary looked and Elizabeth was walking, no, storming down the hallways. Mary grabbed Henry by the hand and took him to the wall.
"Henry. How do you know who she is?" Mary put her hand on Henry's shoulder.
"She is your cousin and she holds your crown," Henry turns his head and sees Elizabeth.
"She does NOT. She doesn't hold the Scottish or French crown. She has a weak grip on the English one, if that's what you me-" Mary stops.
Henry goes to talk to Elizabeth, but Mary drags Henry back.
"Mother. Why cant I go talk to her?" Henry whines.
"Listen, do not let her take you. Do not let her speak to you. She is mad," Mary said.
"Who is mad? I'm mad?" Elizabeth said, obviously she'd been angered. Elizabeth stands too close for comfort next to Mary.
"Why are you at my court?" Mary said, standing a few inches shorter than Elizabeth.
"Well, cousin, I've come here to tell you that you can NOT have my throne, my crown or my country!"
"Guards!" Mary exclaims, but not guards come, except for Elizabeth's.
"Your guards are gone. Mine can assist you," Elizabeth taunts.
Mary turns and sees Francis coming, running for her.
"Francis, get this mad lady out of our court," Mary says.
Francis stands there. He does nothing
"I said-" Mary gets cut off.
"I heard you. I invited her here," Francis calmly told Mary.
"Fine, have it your way," Mary drags Henry back to his chambers by the hand.
"Where are you going?" Francis asks.
"Somewhere away from that tyrant," Mary calmly explains.
"Mom, I'm scared," Henry looks up at Mary. He has the most beautiful, deep, brown eyes Mary has ever seen. He has curly blonde hair like his father.
"Just keep walking, my dear," Mary places her hand on his back and walks away.

-

Queen Elizabeth stands tall, but not taller than Francis.
"What did you want to speak about, Francis?" Queen Elizabeth says.
"King. King Francis to you," he roughly informs and briskly looks away.
"Fine. What do you want to speak about, King Francis of Scotland and France and soon to be England?" Queen Elizabeth asked. Francis was stunned.
"I am not going to be King of England, not yet anyway," he paused, "my wife is the rightful heir to the English throne and you know it. She will wear the English crown soon enough and I at her side," Francis says bravely.
Elizabeth spits out a nervous giggle. "She'll never, NEVER wear the English crown as long as I'm alive," she smirks.
"That's not what I wanted to talk about, and there's no time for petty arguing. I want to propose a deal," Francis inquires.
"And what would that be," the tall queen narrows her eyes.
"Give us back Lola and Kenna," Francis inhales, "and we will in turn remove our forces from your court."
"You have forces at my court? How can this-"
"Be? Oh, because I'm a king," Francis turns and makes a bee line to his sons chambers.

-

"You WHAT?" Mary shouts infuriated.
"It's a good deal. Lola has been a prisoner for more than a decade and Kenna has been there for 3 years. Plus, it stops some of the fighting between your two countries," Francis scratches his head.
"You can't advocate for MY country. I am the RIGHTFUL monarch of Scotland!" Mary furrows her brow.
"Trust me Mary. I love you," Francis smiles and cups her face.
"I do NOT trust you in this," Mary pushes his hands away and storms out of the room.
She immediately regretted it. She turns around and goes back in.
"I love you, Francis, but if you really, really want this to happen you have to promise me one thing," Mary looks down.
"And what would that be?" Francis walks over to Mary.
"The English throne," Mary looks him straight in the eye, making sure she's heard.
{751 words}