1.6

3/3
Some of the grammar in here is a bit weird. I rushed cause I forgot about writing

"Greer, why was Lola speaking to you about her plan to bed my husband?" Mary asks her close confidant.
"If she spoke to Kenna it would be worse, so I'm glad she talked to me,"Greer says avoiding the question.
"Why did she go to you?"Mary presses.
"She knew I could talk her out of it," Greer rationalizes.
"That's true. I didn't hear the whole conversation. What lead up to what she was saying?" Mary charges.
"I said I wish I was a Queen, but Mary, I mean, you. You do it so much better than I would do. Then she got on a rant and was saying all of these things of her plan to get pregnant. Oh, and she insulted me. She said I'm irrelevant because I don't have a title and I only have money. It's not true because I'm one of your ladies," Greer tattles.
"Oh, really. I'll have to have a word with Lola, and my husband," Mary decides.
"No, don't talk to Francis. He'll get angry," Greer suggests.
"I will do as I please. Lola needs to learn her place," Mary glares.
••••••
"Lola. You need to understand something," Mary says as Lola looks desperately at Francis. Lola is a little too close.
"What is it," she curtsies,"your highness?"
"Excuse me," she motions to her husband,"you can't plot to get pregnant with my husband. It's not right," Mary says, concerned.
"I can. I did," Lola rolls her eyes.
"Keep rolling your eyes. Maybe you'll find a brain back there," Mary teases.
"Do you know who you're talking to?" Lola scoffed.
"As far as I know- no one! I am your Queen. No one here, but Francis, has more power than I do. You haven't bedded Francis 3 times, he would tell me. You bedded him 1 time. You got pregnant. Francis doesn't even recognize your child as his own," Mary dashes some sass.
"Maybe your husband isn't as loyal, trustworthy, even as you think he is?" Lola questions.
"I am your Queen. You bow to me. I don't bow to you and neither does Francis. Now let me make it clear. You will NOT have my husbands support or mine. All you do for me is tighten my corset and undo it if I need fresh air. Am I clear?" Mary bosses Lola around.
"Yes, Queen Mary."
••••••
"Francis, I have a question regarding Lola, my dear," Mary asks his permission about Lola.
"Go on?"
"How many times did you bed her," Mary asks, suspicious.
"3 times," Francis speaks. Mary's mouth just hangs open.
"But that was then- and this is now. You haven't bedded her in at least 12 years," Mary says in shock.
"That is true. She's trying to court me again, but obviously," he waves at her,"she can't."
"Don't let it happen, please I beg of you."
••••••
Mary let the secret hang over her. She doesn't want to seem upset when the baby comes.

"Kenna, how is Bash?" Mary asks.
"He and I haven't had luck with a child since Anne was born," Kenna frowns.
"Oh, Kenna," Mary sympathizes,"how many kids do you want?
"Three. Bash wants 4," Kenna looks down.
"Kenna, don't be sad. You will have another one soon, I hope. I'll pray for you," Mary touches her shoulder and then draws it back.
"Mary, thank you," Kenna is grateful to have a loyal queen as a friend.
"Kenna, did you know Francis bedded Lola 3 times?" Mary changes the subject.
"Yes, I did. I thought you knew?" Kenna looks at her friend starting to get furious.
"I didn't. Neither did Greer. Who else knows?" Mary wouldn't let go of the argument between her and Lola.
"Catherine, Charles, not your son, Francis's brother. Oh, and Henri, another one of Francis's brothers," Kenna fesses.
"Oh.. I thought only you knew," Mary frowns.
"It was 12 years ago, no one remembers now," Kenna comforts her friend.
"Oh, Kenna. You're so innocent. Francis remembers. Lola remembers. You remember. I bet Catherine remembers and that's why she's been a pain in the-" Mary gets cut off.
"She doesn't. She doesn't even remember Henry dying. Also what makes you think I'm so innocent huh?"
"Really, Kenna."
••••••
"This game is redundant," Greer complains. She couldn't get the little fruit into her queens mouth.
"I'm quite," she tosses a fruit into Greer's mouth and makes it in,"good at it."
"I'm not," Greer makes one in,"yay! I got one!"
"Are you going to get remarried or no?" Mary throws another fruit.
"No. I wish Rose had a father. Her father abandoned me. Only partially my fault," Greer leaves her mouth open. Mary tosses the fruit and she misses.
"Not so good at it anymore I guess," Mary shrugs.
"Ooh," Greer says barely making it into Mary's mouth.
"You're getting better at it," Mary tosses another tiny fruit into Greer's mouth.
"That was a good throw. Back up, I want to try to get it from farther away," Greer suggests.
"Alright then," Mary backs up and opens her mouth.
"Yes! I'm so good at this game! I wasn't before but look at me go!" Greer throws fruit after fruit.
"We're out of blueberries," Mary frowns.
"Well I had fun playing and getting your mind off of whatever's going on between you and Lola," Greer smiles.
{913 words}