003

Proposal prompt!

Four years had passed. Four years of George Frederick King III dating Samuel Seabury. And one year of George gathering all his courage to ask Samuel to marry him.

Finally, on their anniversary, he decided it was now or never.

Taking a deep breath, he waited for Samuel outside of the bathroom where his boyfriend was currently showering. George had decided to take Sammy out to dinner tonight and propose there.

His slim, long fingers brushed the sleek black box in his right pocket and he took in a deep breath. "Almost ready?" he called, making sure his voice was level before he did so.

"Yeah, almost." The water turned off and the door was opened.

Samuel in all his glory was standing there with a towel wrapped around his waist. Even after four years, he was still the color of cherries whenever George saw him shirtless.

Unless, of course, George was shirtless too.

Then it was another story.

The two climbed out of George's bright red Mini Cooper and stepped inside. "Table for two please," George purred, following the waitress to their table.

They sat for a good long minute and then ordered drinks, sipping them and beginning to chat.

"I can't believe it's already been four years, Sammy."

Samuel laughed. "Yep, feels like yesterday I crashed into you and you yelled at me for messing up your flower crown."

George giggled and awkwardly played with the straw before swallowing and going, "we've been together for a while, Sammy, so I have a question."

His hand slipped into his pocket and he slid from his seat onto the ground, kneeling in front of Samuel. He pulled out the ring, flipping open the box. With a voice that was husky and low and full of love, George whispered, "Would you, Samuel Seabury, marry me?"