Chapter 5

***stef's POV***

/// 1:30pm//whistler ski resort ///

After finding a near by bench and sitting down, we began to eat. I practically inhaled my waffle.

"Wow I have NEVER seen anyone eat that fast!" Says Matt.

"Yeah" Nash says "you didn't wait or anything you just dove in."

I blush slightly "what can I say. I love food."

"Yeah I can see that." Matt says as he takes a large part of Nash's waffle and puts it's it all in his mouth.

"Speak for yourself." I say hitting Matt gently.

"Hey guys you want to get going?" Nash say acting kinda stiff, and anxious.

We get up and Nash offers the rest of his waffle to Matt. He eats the rest of it and the three of us make our way to the chair lift.

We wait our turn in line and when the chair infront of us lifts up into the air we all slid forward down on to the chairlift platform.

As we wait for the chair to come behind us and carry us up the mountain I relies that my boot lace is messed up. I bend down without thinking, and fix it.

As I'm standing back up the chair comes behind me and kicks my feet right out from underneath myself. Before I can control it I'm falling and if it wasn't for Nash I would have landed right on my face... Again! He catches me right before I hit the ground and holds me close.

The man at the chairlift booth gets up and stops the chair so that it doesn't run the three of us over.

I stare up at Nash to thank him and we make eye contact. He he holds me in his his arms and stares down at me and I look up into his blue eyes. God those blue eyes are stunning. His eyes are the color of the sky, the ocean. A fresh vibrant blue. There warm and safe and kind.

'Stef what the hell?' I mentally scream. 'You literally just met him like half an hour ago! Your already all puppy eyed and lovey dovey! GET A GRIP! Your not normally like this!'

"Come on!" says the chairlift man, almost as if he's agreeing with my inner thoughts. "We don't have all day!" He say's as he waits for me to stand up and get situated so that he can start the chair again.

"Here we go." Says Nash as he pulls me back up on to my feet and sits me down. "All good!" He says giving the man at the booth a thumbs up, acting overly casual.

Him and Matt sit down as the chair starts up again and were lifted up into the air.

On the ride up the mountain I look over at Nash and can see that he has a ridiculous smile on his face.He looks at me and gives me a questioning look as if to ask why i was looking at him. I just shake my head and smile back at him. He looks at me with a blank stare and the breaks out a huge smile from ear to ear.His eyes all squinted,and it seams like all you can see are his pearly white teeth. You can tell that he's over exaggerating on purpose.

We look at each other with blank stares, daring the other smile first. I guess you could say that its like a 'not smiling contest'?

We both end up laughing after about three seconds of silence.

As our laughter dies down we get back some small talk. Nash and matt start talking about penny boarding and i just turn watch everyone else as they go by.

This chairlift goes right over the main part of the terrain park and we can all watch the skiers and snowboarders as they climb the jumps and rails. It actually really fun (and sometimes amusing) to watch.