"Red Cup" Directors Leave Production

Written by chicwriterchick
Submit your own story at CantinaChatter@gmail.com

The directors of Disney's upcoming anthology, working titled Red Cup, has let its two directors go. Phil Lord and Chris Lord said in a released statement, "Unfortunately, our vision and process weren't aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren't fans of the phrase 'creative differences' but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew."

Kathleen Kennedy, the president and producer of Lucasfilm, said that "Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it's become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we've decided to part ways."

The movie, which started filming in February, stars Hail, Caesar!'s Alden Ehrenreich as smuggler Han Solo and Atlanta's Donald Glover as gambler Lando Calrissian. Also studding the cast with stars are Emilia Clark, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Micheal Kenneth Williams.

While a new director has yet to be announced — Kennedy says news is coming "soon" — the film is still to be released May 25, 2018.