Chapter 3

Jess's POV

I didn't wanna' be rude and just throw the shirt at El but he was just annoying the life out of me! And then he had the nerve to ask me if I'm mad at him! Duh! But I should've answered him. Maybe I should go back and say sorry! I bent down to tie my shoe and I heard a deep voice "Let me tie it" before I could decline his offer or even get a good look at his face he bent down and was tying my shoelaces. When he stood up I was frozen in place. He was gorgeous! He looked like a Greek Adonis. His body was perfect and I mean absolutely perfect. He was torturing me because he didn't have a shirt on. No Bueno! He was about 6'3 or 6'4 had beautiful pink lips a perfectly chiseled face, beautiful smokey eyes and a smile that could make anyone melt.

"Thank you." I said "but you really don't have to El."

"No Problem Jess." he said smiling. Yeah, that's right! It's El :-) I never really took the time to examine his face and every feature of his face. He was really handsome :-)

I almost forgot I was mad at him. My face instantly hardened

"oh come ooonn. Don't be like that Jess. I came all this way to tie your shoe."

"haha ! Oh please. You did not come here for my damn shoelaces! Why are you really here?"

"To apologize." he said looking down at my shoelaces. Aw, he's nervous.

"Don't beat yourself up El."

"It's just that---" he stopped and took a deep breath "you didn't say you loved me"

"But I---" he cut me off

"You promised. You promised Jess, no matter what."

"Um. Do you have the note I left you ?" I asked.

"Yeah. What does that have to do with anything?"

"Just take it out." he dug in his pants pocket and took out the post-it note

"Okay. Now what?"

"Read the back" I said smiling. He read it and instantly grinned "Hmm. & what does the back say?" I asked

"It says I love you" he said smiling

"Oh, does it now." I said knowingly

"I'm sorry" he said hugging me

"It's okay. I love you punum"

"Love you too" he said

"Now get out of here. You're distracting me."

"I'll just wait for you on the bench." he said

"Kay no problem punum!" I shouted as I started to run

"Punum? Is that a the nickname you use for your boyfriend over there?" I heard a guy ask he ran up next to me. I looked over and his looks were breath-taking. He was tall and dark skinned with perfect lips and nose & simple brown eyes. And his voice was golden.

"Umm. No he's not my boyfriend. That's my best friend. He's just like my brother." I answered

"Well. I guess I'm in luck" he said with a handsome smile

"And why do you say that?"

"Because I get to run with a beautiful girl like you and not have to worry if her boyfriend is gonna' come out of nowhere and whoop my ass." he said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I would necessarily rule out that option yet. El can be pretty protective when it comes to me."

"Oh. So he's the protective big brother, huh? Well for you I'll take the risk of ruining my gorgeous face."