Chapter 5

El's POV

I turned it over to see if it said "I love you" on the back and saw....

That it said "a promise is a promise. I love you El'"

I let out a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I honestly don't know what I would have done if this note didn't say "I love you" on the back. I don't even want to think about what I would have done. But it's kind of weird because the words "a promise is a promise. I love you El'" was written sloppily in green ink and the rest was written neatly in red ink (Jess' favorite color) but that's not really important I'm just glad she said "I love you". Now I have to find Jess & fight for her.

-----------------------------

Jess' POV

"Oh gosh I'm a horrible person!" I said to my female best friend Marisa as I was pacing back back and forth. She wasn't answering me so I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at her. I was hoping she would say "oh no you're not! You were mad it's okay"

"Don't look at me like that! I hope you don't think I'm gonna' say that you're not because you are!" she yelled

"Marisa I don't think you understand!" I shouted back

"Oh I understand just fine! How could you not keep your promise Jess? She asked

"I was mad!"

"So fucking what! Imagine how he's going to feel when he turns that note around and doesn't see the words "I love you" he's going to feel like shit!"

"I know how he's going to feel! He's going to feel exactly like I do right now! I feel like dying! He's never gonna' wanna' speak to me again." I said as I plopped down hard on her bed. "Trust me Marisa I feel like shit right now!"

"Well you should." she said rudely and instantly a tear fell out of my eye.

"Hey, I didn't say it because I wanted you to cry Jess. I said I because I wanted you to think about what you did & what you're going to do instead of moping like a severely depressed old person. You know I never want to see you cry but I am mad at you & I'm pretty sure El' is infuriated! I'm just showing you tough love to make you think about what you did. & I don't want you to forget what you did either because I don't want you to do it again."

"Trust me. I won't! I won't even have the opportunity to because like I said before El' won't ever speak to me again!" I said between sobs.

"Yes he will. And you and I both know this. He'll just remind you of what you did subtly everyday just like K' used to." she said with assurance and sadness her voice.

Wow. She hasn't mentioned El's brother in a while. Before he died Marisa & K' used to date. And they were the loveliest of love birds. They were closer than me and El'. She knew EVERYTHING about him. And I do mean everything! Favorite food, pet, number, fabric, sock brand, the list goes on! But they just knew everything bout each other. The only thing Marisa doesn't/didn't about K' is how he died.

"I'm sorry Hun." I said not really knowing what to say.

"It's okay. I'm happy I spoke of him. It's been awhile since I've said anything about him."

"Wait. Why are you happy that you spoke of him?" I asked curiously.

"Because I don't want to forget him." she said sadly "like everyone else did."

"Who forgot about him?"

"EVERYONE!" she shouted which caused me to jump. She took a deep breath.

"Not everyone forgot about him Marisa. I still remember him. & so does El' & Mrs. Dell!"

"Of course they remember him they're his family. But they try their best to forget him."