Chapter 11

A/N So I've decided to majorly edit this book after I get home. I will be away for a week and a half, but I want to change a few things that could change just a little. Also from now on, this will be single POV unless said otherwise, you should be able to tell who it is.

My sixteenth birthday is tomorrow and then the day after coronation after that. The tailor has already designed me the perfect dress. And thus far, I'm walking with Gwen and Lucy. 

As soon as Lucy and Gwen get to my room, we get to work. We turn on a random movie from my collection of 80s and 90s movies and each of us throws on a face mask. The three of us  flop down onto my giant bed.

The three of us pay no attention to the movie. The topic of conversation is Lucas. 

"Do you really think he'll finally ask me? He hasn't even brought up the party." Gwen sighs into the air

"Girl with the way you rock that dress you are wearing, there's no way he could resist." 

Lucy has barely said a thing. I wonder what is up with her, normally she is pretty talkative. 

"Lucy, what about you? There has to be someone you have your eye on." I smile at her a little. 

"Well there is someone, but you would totally hate me if I told you."

I shake my head at her. "I won't hate you. Tell me please." 

"It's Zak..." I look at her shocked. I didn't expect that. 

"I don't hate you, I never could. I wouldn't have expected it." 

The movie seems interesting even though we started watching a good bit through it. Most old American movies are. 

I look around the room aimlessly. Staring at the canary- colored curtains that adorn my windows, thinking about how I got so lucky to have such amazing friends.

There's Lucy: who always seems to know what is best for me before anything happens that would signal her and when I don't listen she is always there to pick up the broken pieces. 

And then there is Gwen: who is the most loyal person I know. She stands by me through every stupid little problem I've had and I'm sure I can count on her. While she may seem like she is the weakest of the three of us because she is quiet, she is the strongest of us. 

We are kind of like the Three Musketeers, we are inseparable.

~~.~~

The big day is finally upon us and everything seems to be in place.

There are two young women, Hazel and Juniper, doing my hair and one guy in maybe his mid 20s, Monty, doing my makeup at a careful speed. 

It is a similar situation with Gwen and Lucy. 

I hate this feeling before events. In the pit of my stomach, the pain and nerves. The brushes tickling my face and the curling iron heating my neck and face. And the gown, how I can't wait. At least this time I ensured that it wouldn't be too unbearable. The cameras will be all around, invading every sliver of privacy. 

I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and instantly feel overdone. I hate looking like I am trying so hard whenever we have a party or special occasion, my parents always insist. 

After hours of sitting in this chair, it has become uncomfortable. The coral suede that is stuffed with foam has started to sink to the wood below it. 

We are finally done once my chair finally sinks to its lowest point. I see the final product of all the work is and I don't feel so horrible about to have so much makeup on and have my hair done so nicely because, for once, it looks good.