Phil - Past/Dan - Present

Phil smiled as he walked into the school building again. He remembered the brown haired boy named Daniel from the day before. He seemed upset about something, and Phil hated to see people upset. Maybe by being his friend, he could make him happier. So that was Phil's plan for the day, and he was stubbornly determined to befriend the strange boy. Which is what led him to try talking to him during lunch break.

"Hello Daniel," he chirped cheerfully and pretended not to hear the loud sigh that emitted from Dan.

"What do you want?" Dan snapped. Phil sat beside him on the bench, taking out his snacks.

"I wanted to talk is all," Phil shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant. Dan eyed him warily, turning his focus to his food instead.

"I'm not the person you should be talking to," Dan gave a bitter laugh, gesturing over to all the other tables.

"Go talk to them." Phil set his jaw indignantly.

"But I don't want to talk to them!" he protested. "I want to talk to you!" Dan groaned.

"Please stop trying to befriend me," he said sharply. "I don't want any friends." Phil seemed unfazed by what he said, instead tilting his head to one side.

"Do you have any friends?" he asked curiously. Dan scoffed.

"No," he replied. Phil grinned widely.

"Then you don't know what it's like having a friend! I'll be your friend. If you still don't like me, then I won't talk to you again," Phil promised. Dan narrowed his eyes, contemplating the offer before nodding hesitantly.

"Okay. You can be my friend."

--------------------------

Dan pushed away the thought, exhaustion becoming his first priority. His eyelids were already sinking. If he was planning to die, he might as well get some rest before. He won't ever be able to sleep again.

Dan tried not to think about it.

He lay on the makeshift bed on his side, facing the wall. Though he was so obviously tired, he couldn't get to sleep. Dan soon became frustrated with trying to find a comfortable way to sleep with his hands behind his back. He somehow managed to lay on his stomach, and he sighed. It was better than nothing, he supposed. He closed his eyes, trying to get the sleep he so wanted. Maybe in the morning he could try to escape. He'd be killed on sight by the head officer, no doubt.

But then what?

"I wonder what Phil is doing right now," he mused sadly. He then shook his head. It was his idea in the first place to pay the price for what he did. But now Phil was probably upset with him. Would he be able to handle Dan coming back after a year or so? Would he have moved on by then?

"With his looks, I'm sure he'd have the hottest boyfriend," Dan tried to joke to himself, but it hurt more than he liked to admit to imagine Phil with someone else so he shoved the thoughts away. He turned his head in the other direction, trying to relax his body so that he could just get some sleep.

"Maybe I won't escape tomorrow," he murmured sleepily. He yawned.

"I wish I could see Phil right now."

A/N - Hello everyone! I was just going to have one perspective for each chapter, but the first was far too short to have as one chapter, so I added another. I hope you enjoyed this one, please comment, and I'll see you next chapter!

Keep smiling :)