05. Feeling of being watched

A week passed

A week passed.

A week since my parents left. A week that I had to live with three boys.

Yeah, that's right. Since Jake and Enzo are our bodyguards, they needed to settle at our place. And let me tell you, It's horrible.

First, being followed and watched by Jake all day at school was something. But him living under the same roof as me...

Ugh.

I don't have any private moments and I'm not kidding. If I took too long in the bathroom Jake or Enzo would be banging on the door asking if I needed help or if I was still alive. At night, I couldn't sleep because I knew that Jake or Enzo weren't, they stayed up all night every night just watching the house.

Indeed, they had a schedule or something and they would always switch off every couple of hours so that one of them could sleep while the other stays up.

But seriously? Like, was it really necessary? Gosh, I don't think someone would attack us while we sleep. I mean, I think.

Anyways, It's been only a week and I'm done. I miss my mom.

Like every night since a week, I play with the necklace around my neck. A dull noise sounds throughout the house. I look at my phone...

2:43 am.

I wonder if It's Jake or Enzo right now that is awake.

I sigh. I wonder where my parents are right now. If they're alright. If they're gonna come back soon. What if-

The sound of glass shattering catches my attention. I stop breathing.

What the hell?

I get up from my bed and make my way carefully to the kitchen. I let out a breath when I see Jake, who seems to curse under his breath, looking at the ground.

"Shit," he mutters.

I cough discreetly, not wanting to scare him. At the sound, he turns around quickly, ready to fight.

I raise my hands in surrender. "Woah, It's me. Chill."

He lets out a breath, looking at me.

"Sorry," he says, looking around him. "Did I wake you up?"

I nod before looking behind him.

He follows my gaze to the shattered glass of water that probably slipped from his hands or something.

He grimaces before getting out a broom.

"Yeah, sorry about that..." he whispers so he doesn't wake up the others. "I'm taking care of it."

And then, we stay silent as he takes care of the mess on the floor. I shift on my feet, a little bit uncomfortable. There's something not right. I look more closely at Jake. That's when it hits me.