06

I've been invited to many more events, even though I don't care at all. Lying, pretending to care is making me crazy. Everyone wants me to go, ever since my uncle died and that I've received all of his money. I'm nice to everyone, so they keep inviting me.

I preferred my life when I was poor. No one bothered me, no one tried to make me marry their daughter, no one smiled at me even though they didn't feel like it.

The only thing positive about it is that I've met her at my first party. I've fallen. I can't however tell the other girls, and I'm still not her fiancé. I just wish she'd realize how much I love her. Last night was incredible. Our kiss under the stars was the most romantic thing ever.

Luckily, she did not run away nor left just after. I think she likes me too. It may still be early to propose, but I've been thinking about it for a while now.

Still, I went to another party today. Again, only the rich and famous were there. Weird to think I belong with them. I don't feel like I belong there.

Yet, I met someone interesting. A few girls were keeping away from the rest of the party and obviously trying to seduce me. They did not know that my heart was already taken by another. I was desperately trying to get away, but they didn't let me any chances to do so. That is when he came in.

I had first not seen him, since he had approached me from the right.

"Ladies, what have you been doing over here?" he asked. "Why don't you let the rest of the guests see your beauty as well?"

I turned towards him and met with a smile. The girls giggled and finally let me go to go talk between them a few meters away.

"Thanks," I said, passing a hand in my blond hair.

"No problem."

The other man was probably older than me, but he looked younger. He was very beautiful, with short dark red hair almost hiding his ears and pale red eyes. His dark suit made his soft features strike out. I admit that I was jealous. I was not ugly, but I had not such beauty either.

"I'm -------------" I said, presenting my hand. He shook it with another smile.

"Nice to meet you. I'm -------------"

"Not to bother you, but I'm going to get with the others," I continued. He nodded, understanding that I did not want to get caught by the girls another time.

We chatted with the other people there. It was just insignificant chitchat, but it was kind of nice. The man could certainly become one of my friends, if there wasn't... Wasn't what, exactly?

It was just a weird feeling. I kept feeling like he glanced at me when I wasn't looking, or maybe it was that he became tense when I talked to others- Or am I just imagining it? No one else seemed to notice. His smiles make everyone trust him. His eyes seemed to want to tell me something he wouldn't say. What is he hiding?

I shouldn't think about it too much. I've met two very nice ladies towards the second half of the party (not one of those who attacked me in the beginning). I know they were flirting with me, but I'm thinking of introducing them to my love. They seemed like they maybe could be very good friends. I hope I see them in the next party.

I'll tell her about them tomorrow.

------------------------.