Chapter 2

Amanda's POV

I stormed over to Optimus, one thought stuck in my head: Why didn't he wait for me a block away from school? When I reached him, I stopped in front of him and crossed my arms. "What are you doing here?" I hissed through clenched teeth. Optimus turned his front wheels to me. "Picking you up from school?" He said, obviously confused. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not at school," I said. I gestured to the soccer field. Optimus seemed even more flustered. "But...I was suppose to pick you up 20 minutes ago!" He protested. Oh no. It hadn't occurred to me that Optimus had been waiting for me!!

"Ohhh..." I said, letting my hands drop to my sides. Oops. "Yeah, I thought you were kidnap by 'cons because of your..." he paused. I got the idea. I walked up closer to him and rested my hand on his hood. "I get it, Optimus. You were worried," I said softly. My mood softened.

Optimus sighed. "Sorry," he muttered. I half-smiled. "It's ok. And I owe you an apology for waiting for me, too," I said. Optimus pulled up a little. "You don't need to apologize, Amanda. I should've known that you were at the, uh..." he turned on his left turn signal to gesture to the soccer field. "Optimus," I said after he turn it off. "That's a soccer field." Optimus was silent. I sighed.

"Just like you taught us kids about you and your home, we are going to talk more about our home," I said. Optimus sighed long and low. Then he said, "So...are we picking up Grace today, too?" I shook my head. As much as she wanted to go, Grace was still freaked out about Team Prime's medic, Ratchet. He's really grumpy and loves to throw wrenches at people. Go Ratchet!

I still find it pretty funny that most of the excuses Grace comes up with to get away from base is that she's afraid of Ratchet. Which makes sense. Kind of.

"Grace is practicing some soccer with her soccer team, so my mom will pick her up," I explained. Optimus turned on his right turn signal. I trailed where he was trying to gesture something for me and saw my backpack next to one of the bleachers. I ran over and snatched it, sending a quick prayer that no one stole it. Then I jogged back over to the Autobot leader.

Optimus opened his passenger door for me and I climbed in. "So," he said when I got everything situated and he pulled onto the road. "How was your day?" "Chaotic," I said, shrugging. "Ya know, my class was acting like they lost their minds, my teachers were pressing a lot of homework on us, and Miko started making fun of me and Jack." I paused there, which just made Optimus curious.

"Why did she make fun of  you and Jack?" He asked. I blushed. "She started singing 'Amanda and Jack sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G'," I muttered. I could tell, even in his truck form, that Optimus was trying hard not to laugh. "I mean, we were just talking! That doesn't mean we're going to start dating!" I protested, crossing my arms. Optimus response: "When you guys are going to be engaged, can I come to your wedding?" I groaned. "Optimus! Seriously?" I said, rolling my eyes. Optimus laughed, which just cracked a smile on my face.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Optimus Prime is the leader of the Autobots, but his mode changed when he met me. When he isn't his regular self he act...well, like this. Like a brother to me, basically. But he is my guardian, so what can I say? Other that he's the best guardian in the world.

I asked about Optimus' day, and he said it was just like normal: The 'cons were stirring up trouble and Ratchet was throwing wrenches again. I was pretty impressed when he managed to hit Bulkhead in the helm with one (Ratchet, not Optimus).

We arrived back at base quicker than I expected. Optimus slammed on his breaks when we got into base, making his tries screech. I cringed. I hated that noise! And I knew he just wanted to bug me because of that.