Chapter 8

Izzy's POV

This was too much. I was dizzy with confusion. Maybe this was one of my wacky dreams. I'll wake up and realize all this wasn't real. But when I pinched my arm, I knew I wasn't dreaming.

My parents came forward, their expressions filled with worry. "Izzy!" My mom threw her arms around me and gave me a big bear hug. I didn't say anything, but I bet a vault full of gold that my face seem to say everything. "Mom?" I pulled away from her and stared at her, not knowing what to do.

My dad rested his hand on Mom's shoulder and said, "Honey, she's confused. Maybe this is the right time to tell her..." Mom sighed and turned to me. "I know this is a lot for you to take in, but I need you listen to me," she said, her voice leaving no trace of relief that she had before. I nodded silently.

"Before you or your siblings were born, me and your father worked as nurses. It wasn't until we met June Darby. She was our close friend until we had you. After that, we didn't see her much. Her job kept her busy, I guess. But we had troubles of our own.

"We knew about the Transformers for a very long time, Izzy. Before any of your siblings were born. Of course, we met June Darby and she told me about this place, so know we come here to check up on things. We should have told you, Izzy. After all, you are the chosen one."

My head spinning, I turned to my friends. "You knew about this?" I asked, sweeping my hand toward Mom and Dad. Stunned, they shook their heads. I turned to the Autobots, but their expressions said it all. "So..." I turned to Mom. "That's why you're always busy? And...what do you mean, I'm the chosen one?"

Mom was surprised. "My, I thought Optimus told you. He's your guardian, right?" She asked. I shook my head. "Ratchet is," I said. "Then, who's his charge?" Mom asked, gesturing to Optimus. I nodded toward Amanda. "She is," I said. "She has a gift, like me." "Does she have a weapon?" Dad piped in.

"Uhhh..." I glanced at Amanda. "No," I said slowly. "I mean, I don't know! I didn't even knew about my wrench. About that, where did I even get that?" I picked up the wrench-sword and held it up to the light to exam it. A small smile played at my Mom's lips.

"When you were born, we found out about your gift before the doctors did. Ratchet was the one who made it, actually. He said that will protect you," Mom said and nodded toward Ratchet, who was standing quietly nearby. I turned to him, more shock adding.

"You knew me when I was a baby?" I asked. Ratchet nodded. "Whoa, whoa..." I said and shook my head. "This is going to take a while for me to adjust. And," I added, turning toward the medic. "You were my guardian all this time?" Ratchet just nodded again. "Man..." I said and shook my head. Mom placed her hand on my shoulder, growing more serious. "Your sword," she said and swept my hand to my weapon. "Can slice threw any Autobot or 'Con alike. The hot metal will burn through just about anything." "Anything?" I said. Mom smiled. "Anything," she repeated.

Now wonder the Autobots were backing away from me. If that weapon slipped out of hands and flew toward them, boom. It was over. I looked down at my sword, interested. "What kind of material is it made out of?" I asked. Mom glanced at Dad, sharing something between that one look. "We'll explain more when you're older," she said. I didn't want to tell her that I was already old enough to even equip a dangerous sword, not to mention I even carried it with me as an infant. And they think I'm too young to know what it's made out of?

That's when Mom stood up and glanced at her watch. She hugged me quickly and briefly said, "Alright, honey, I'll see you later. Me and your father have a meeting to intend. Be safe, ok?" She and Dad hurried to the elevator. That's when she paused and looked over her shoulder. "Do not tell your brothers and sisters about this. Not one bit. And I spoke with Ginger. My excuse: You'll be staying here at base for a couple of weeks. Until all this drama is over, at least. When things calm down, me and your father have something else to show you." And with that, she and dad stepped into the elevator and disappeared from view.