Chapter four: Cleanse

“Mr. and Mrs. Listar, it is with great pain and regrets that I declare your daughter dead. However we all must admit that she passed on violently and with wrongness in her heart. It is a shame no one had time to fix her.” The preacher gave a regretful, grimacing smile as he spoke. The man spared a reproachful, daring glance at the tall boy.

            “She wasn’t wrong.” Grant mumbled under his breath, the boy swiped gradually larger raindrops from his face, his brown jacket becoming heavy with water.

“Boy, I am sorry but she was trying to take down the government. That is wrong.”

“Not when the government itself is immoral and dishonest.” Grant glowered at the other man, who looked upon the younger with an air of disdain,

“Fix your ways, boy, I don’t wish to burry two young souls today.” As the man shut the lid of the coffin for the final time, the few people who loved Sorra saw her prized boots, her worn gun on her belt, her dark mask, and her crimson hair disappear. The dark-clad man stood with his feet wide and his bulky arms set at his side. His robe slid down below his chin revealing a dark tattoo.

*                     *                      *

There is nothing now and the memories are over. They are done being made and done being recalled, it is just… space, interminable space that spreads outward from my fingertips and toes; each individual in the world has this space, they just don’t recognize it until the clutter is gone. The only way that clarity could be found would be to live to die.

______________________________________________________

I hope all of you guys liked it and I'm sorry that it's so short XD. I worked hard to make this story and despite it's length I think it turned out pretty well. Thanks to the people who read it and *shameless request* if you liked it feel free to suggest it to friends, star or give it a comment. I love hearing feedback, even if you didn't like it. Thanks everyone! :)