Chapter 5 | Control

Shimazu

What is Sagara going to do?  She's waiting on me to get back... What if she calls the police? Would that get me out of here?

After a long time, and lots of thinking, I got up and began looking for any kind of phone in the house. 

Of course, I didn't want to be tortured or killed, and I hurt quite badly, but I had to contact her and let her know that I would be gone for a while, but that I was okay.

I walked into what appeared to be the living room to see Dare flash in front of me, "What are you doing?" 

"Uh, I was just thinking, if I don't call my sister, she might call the police and have them looking for me." I stuttered.

"Fine. Here." He handed me his phone from out of his pocket. Wow... He didn't beat me up. He's acting... Not insane...

"T-thanks." I walked away for some privacy, and he allowed it. He didn't follow me.

"Hello?" She asked, answering the phone.

"Hey, sis." I greeted.

"Oh my god, where are you?" She asked.

"I got held up at a spontaneous meeting. They want me to act for some new movie that should be coming out in a couple of years. So, I'll be gone for a while. They want me pretty far from here, too." I lied.

"Oh..." She said.

"You'll have to go stay with grandma. I'm sorry." I hate lying to her...

"It's okay. I get it; fame comes first, right?" She asked sarcastically.

"I'm really sorry." I said again.

She sighed, "Well, come back whenever you get the chance, okay?" 

"I will. I promise." I meant that. As soon as I could get out of here, I would. I'd go back to my sister. We lived together; I was her caretaker. She needed me there.

~

That morning, I got up quietly, noticing Isshiki was gone, and began moving the couch so I'd be "out of her hair", as I'd said.

I moved it to the guest room right beside hers, that was, in fact, completely empty.

I began wandering around the house, knowing now that I wasn't being threatened, necessarily. I walked into the living room to see Isshiki putting her shoes on by the door. 

"Where is everybody?" I asked.

"I'M going to work. Everybody else is wherever they please." She said.

"They won't get mad if I grab some food, would they?" I asked.

She scoffed, "No. You're one of us now. You're allowed to eat." She said. 

I hesitated briefly, "He stole my wallet. I need money for food." I said.

She sighed, looking at me with pure fire in her eyes, "There's food in the fridge. If your sophisticated taste is above what we offer, you can go steal some food of your taste. I'm gonna be late, now bye." She slammed the door before I could even comprehend that she was out it.

~

This house was, honestly, huge. The living room was relatively big, with a brown couch and white walls. It was rather strange how... normal this house was on the inside and outside. 

It's the house of the biggest unidentified villain group; it shouldn't be NORMAL.

I didn't go snooping in the bedrooms, but I assumed they must've looked dark and reflected their personalities.