Chapter 11 | Feel

Shimazu

When I began coming to again, I was in the place I remembered so well. The place I had nightmares about almost every night. 

I was on my knees, my hands tied behind me on a post. I knew physical and emotional torture was coming soon.

Why did Isshiki do that? She should've let me fight him... I probably wouldn't have won, anyway. At least I would be dead then. I have to live through this drawn out, long torture until I die.

I'm sure it won't be a quick death, either.

Suddenly, Dare's face flashed in front of mine like a hologram, "You're not getting away with this..." 

Here we go...

"You're going to get the worst torture I've ever given. I love Isshiki, and you took her from me!" I felt the impact of who knows what hitting my bare back.

I couldn't see anything that was happening. It was like he was invisible. And he seemed to have some kind of hallucination magic, so it could be possible he was blurring his real body out

Last time I was here, he showed horrifying images of my sister being tortured by him, that were absolutely fake. But they hurt me.

"I'm not going to kill you, I'm going to make you wish you were dead." 

I'm not going to kill you...

I'm going to make you wish you were dead.... 

I disconnected myself from reality, repeating the phrase in my mind over and over again until I wasn't paying attention to the floor I was staring at, the gruel images of my sister, the strikes all over my body. 

Somewhere in my crazed repeating, I saw Isshiki. The phrase erased from my mind in an instant and I was pulled back to reality.

She was standing at a post in front of me, tied up.

She glared me in the eyes, "This is all your fault. This wouldn't be happening if you just kept your trap shut. Stupid Shih Tzu." 

I could feel the life draining out of me. I stared at her for several seconds as my will to live began sinking down the drain.

Please tell me you're not real... Please...

Then, I saw Dare walking up to her with a whip in his hand.

I hadn't screamed once, but then, I think I broke my vocal chords. I screamed so loud it hurt; she was the last one I wanted to get hurt from this. 

I pulled on whatever was on my hands as hard as I could; I tried to walk with a horrible injured leg to her. But I couldn't. 

After a few minutes of hearing her screams and mine, and realizing there was nothing I could do, I just stared at the ground, trying not to hear it. I didn't want to hear it.

~

I had been there for about 24 hours. It'd gotten better because I'd gotten used to it. I couldn't feel the pain anymore. I couldn't see the things that were supposed to mentally damage me. 

I just couldn't... Feel.

After a while, I just closed my eyes, wanting it to be over. I didn't want to keep doing this. It was stupid. If he was going to kill me, he needed to just do it.

Suddenly, something grabbed my chin and lifted it upwards.

I looked Dare dead in the eye as he said, "I told you I wasn't going to kill you. I was just going to make you want death. Is that what you want?" He asked.

When I didn't respond, he shoved his knee into my stomach, "Answer me." He said.

"Sure." I said, blood spilling out of my mouth onto his outfit.

He chuckled, "You're free to go then. Of course, to your room." 

I limped all the way there, the pain coming back to me. It felt like my leg was completely broken, and every time I put weight on it, nausea consumed my stomach.

I was almost to my room when the door at the end of the hall opened.

Isshiki's brown eyes met mine, full of distress. I glanced at her body, and she looked fine. She didn't have any bruises or cuts. She was fine. 

It threw my mind off for several seconds.

"Shimazu, I'm helping you." She doesn't hate me...?

She got on my bad side and helped me hop to the couch in my room, where I sat down calmly and carefully.

"I thought you hated me...?" I asked.

"What? Why would I hate you?!" She asked.

"I-uh... Never mind..." I said.

She sighed shakily, "I'm so sorry... It's my fault... I tried to save you, I really did. But I couldn't put up a fight against him." She said.

"You don't have to. It was my fault for trying to change things... Just forget it." I said.

"Okay... You need something for your leg... Hold on." She left and came back with wrap.

"This is gonna hurt. I'll knock you out if I have to. Do I?" She asked.

"You think this'll hurt after what just happened to me?" I asked.

She sighed, averting her eyes.

"Okay, I'm going for it." 

I'm not going to lie, it did hurt, but it was nothing compared to what I'd been through. 

When it was wrapped in the hard material, she sighed, "Does it feel better?" She asked.

I nodded, "I wouldn't expect you to be the nurse type." I admitted.

"I'm not. I'm just... trying to help. After what YOU did... for me..." Her face was slightly pink as she looked away from me.

She glanced in my direction and it turned even pinker, "Don't look at me like that! I'll...! I'll..." 

I chuckled at her loss for words "Whatever!!! You have anything else I need to fix?"

*Author's Note*

I didn't really know how to end this chapter, but I knew that it had to happen. If you mess with the evil leader, it won't turn out pretty. But yeah that's that chapter. I hope you enjoyed it!

Thank you guys very much for reading, and I'll see you in the next chapter! 

~Angel Lynn~