Chapter 9 | Friend

Isshiki

I sighed, "I thought you were better than this. I really respected you, and this is what I get in return? What happened to treating me as one of the team?" I asked.

"I still treat you as one of the team." He said.

"Whatever. I'm leaving." I said.

"Not so fast." He grabbed my arm, sparking the anger in me, it exploding and trying to control my thoughts.

"Why don't we celebrate our getting together?"

~

I really don't want to describe what happened next. Just know it wasn't fun, as soon as I got out of there I stormed straight to my room.

I opened my door, knowing I was alone, with tears streaming down my face, to see Shih Tzu sitting on my chair

I was completely frozen. I just walked into MY room crying, to see Shimazu sitting on my chair, with a shocked expression on his face staring at the mess that is myself.

"What are you doing?! This is my room!" I yelled.

"What happened to you?!" He asked.

"It doesn't matter, get out! I don't want to see you!!!" I yelled.

"What did Dare do? Your hair's a mess, your dress is... Oh my God... Isshiki-"

"I said get out." I walked over to my nightstand and grabbed my sword, slinging it out and pointing it at him from a distance

He sighed, "This time, I'm not listening. Throw that sword at my head if you want. If it'll make you happy, do it." He said.

He's messing with me. He knows he's messing with me. I'm in pain. I'm shaking uncontrollably. I have no strength, and he knows that. I wouldn't do it even if I DID have strength, though. I'm too chicken.

I dropped the sword, looking down at the floor. Just how much was I going to be thrown around today? I was just betrayed by one of my friends, and I'm now his girlfriend, the last title I want.

"It's your fault..." I mumbled, sitting down on my bed.

"What? How is it my fault? WHAT'S my fault?" He asked.

"Don't dig!" I argued.

I put my head in my hands. What am I gonna do? Should I run away? Is the threat to my family still up? Why can't I stop crying?

I felt warmth wrap around me. Normally, I would've shoved Shimazu off. He's just flirting like he does to every other girl.

But something stopped me. I don't know why, but I couldn't do it.

"I'm your friend. You can talk to me. I won't judge, I won't do anything. We can just talk about it. But if you don't feel like it, I get it." He said.

He was still wearing the shirt I'd forced him to put on for the disguise. His hair was back to normal though, the makeup gone, and the glasses back. He looked normal again. 

I realized then that he wasn't skin and bones. He had some muscle, even if it didn't show. I wondered why he hid it most of the time with oversized sweaters and shirts.

After an awkward moment, I sighed, "Okay, you can stop now." I said.

He let go and sat down on the bed beside me.

"I'll let you touching me pass this once." I said.

He chuckled lightly, "Yeah. But I meant what I said." He said.

"Well, I don't want to right now. I'm going to take a shower and change out of these stupid clothes. If you try to barge in on me, you're dead meat, you hear?" I asked.

"Yeah, I hear." He chuckled again.

~

When I returned to my room, he was in different clothes as well. He had on dark blue sweatpants and a light blue t-shirt.

I, however, had on a black tank top and black sports shorts.

"What are you doing dressed like that in my room?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Thought I'd get comfy. It's kinda late. Don't worry, I'll leave before I ACTUALLY go to sleep. I know you don't like me." He said.

"Oh, I can't stand you." I joked, walking over to my bed. Just something to lighten the mood... He's really good at that...

"What was the story you made up in the bank? From the bits I heard, you sounded absolutely insane." 

He told me the story, which I laughed and criticized. I gave him pointers on what he could do better, but admitted that it wasn't TOO bad of a story.

"See? I'm not HORRIBLE at improv, am I?" He asked.

"Kinda..." I admitted.

He sighed, annoyed, and I chuckled, "Whatever." He said in annoyance.

I sighed, the burden on my heart controlling the fun of the conversation.

"You CAN talk about it..." He said. He always knew when something was wrong... He seemed to always be there for me... But... I don't think I can tell him about this... It revolves around him too much...

*Author's Note*

I hope you enjoyed their cute moments towards the end. I know this chapter was kinda mean again, and I'm sorry, but it's kinda needed for the story.

Anyway, thank you very much for reading, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

~Angel Lynn~