Chapter 8

♠BRANDON'S POV♠

I have to go over and check her before she does anything dangerous. She called me Toby. Who's Toby and why did she mention him?

I pull into the parking lot of The Oriental Palace hotel Robyn's staying at and step out of my car. Damn, it's cold outside, I should have brought my jacket.

Walking into the building I spot a few familiar faces and nod in acknowledgement before getting to the reception.
"Good evening sir, would you like a suite or are you here on a visit? " The servicer asks politely. "I'm here on a visit, I'm here to see Robyn Dallas."
"And what's your name?"
"Brandon, Brandon West."
I reply curtly raising my eyebrows at the thought that she doesn't know who I am and the service lady types into her computer. I just want to soothe Robyn's pain right now.
Obsessive much?
Shut up subconscious!

"Is that suite 524 sir? " she doesn't look up.
"Yes. Please could you make it snappy!"
I say tapping my fingers on the counter.
"Good evening this is client service..." the lady says on the intercom "yes I have a Brandon West here... Okay, should I authorize him a key card? " she asks and I roll my eyes getting impatient.
"Okay thank you for your patronage." she hangs up and hands me a card and a tag.
"That would be suite 52..."
"I know!" man she is annoying in ways unexplainable I mutter stepping into the crowded elevator.

Or maybe you just are nervous.
My subconscious obnoxiously adds.
"I said frickin' shut up inner Brandon!" I mutter and attract a few stares. Did I say that aloud? Man I have to get my shit together.
Staring at the inscription on the door if Robyn's suite I reach into my pockets for my key card.
Swiping it over the detector the door swings open and I step into the bright, sparsely furnished suite.
Surveying the room it doesn't take long before I notice the woman crying on the sofa, her head resting in her palms. She looks up as I step into the room and an expression of shock appears on her face.

"who are you?" She questions and I see her face properly for the first time. She is beautiful, but she looks familiar. Too much
"Are you from The End Corp? Tell me who the hell you are or I swear to notch I will spray you!" she screams fishing a bottle of pepper spray from her purse and standing up defensively. She looks so vulnerable upon her attempt at the exact opposite.
"Whoa, whoa, how about you calm down and let me speak," I say with my hands up in the air. The woman, who, judging by her physique looks about 30, takes a menacing step closer holding the bottle up.
"Well? " she asks raising her brows.
" I'm just here to see Robyn. No harm intended. "
"What are you to her?"
She asks, her stony glare waivering.
"Really Mom! Pepper spray? "
Robyn emerges from the hallway looking dazed but still good.
"Mom?" I ask, confused as hell realising why the lady looks so familiar.

I guess beauty runs in Robyn's blood.
My brain really needs to learn when to shut up.
"It's not what it looks like Robyn," the woman whose supposedly Robyn's mother shivers slightly; is she scared of Robyn?
Nah.
"Then what is it Ronda? Hmm?" Robyn screams stamping her foot. And she called her by her first name... Okayyy.
Ronda's hands release the pepper spray and she breaks down to the floor weeping and sobbing violently.
Robyn just scoffs.

"Oh enough with the crocodile tears mother.  We both know this is just a pity party you're throwing for Brandon. Guess what, he's not gonna be here long enough to attend it. Let's get out of here Brandon." Robyn orders.
Damn!
"No. That was harsh Robyn, especially for someone who's supposed to be your mother." I remark determined to get Robyn to explain it all to me.
Why does she treat her parents this way?
I thought she was a shy inward girl, but then, there are two sides to every story right? If only she knew what it felt like to not have any at all.

"Well ask her if she's done her job so far. Go ahead mom," she says the word mom like its lethal
"tell us how good a mom you've been... "
"Enough, Robyn Dallas!"
Ronda whispers getting off the floor and Robyn's eyes widen as she takes a step back.

Tables: Turned.

"I've had enough of you nagging and ranting, I've had it! Your father and I did all we could to give you the best. The best clothes, the best education, hell even the best life! And the one place we slip up what do you do, You rub it in our faces, my face. Like it was a conscious effort.
Anger is justified Robyn, but you're not angry anymore Robyn, you're bitter. Hell if I dare say hateful." Ronda's eyes are dark and she speaks in a low tone.
She pauses and Robyn just stares at the floor with her fists clenched, not saying anything.
"Did you ever hear anything a kid named Adrian? No? Well he was your brother."

Robyn's heads shoots up and her eyes are glossy. Her fists unclench and her mouth opens, the closes once again.
She wants to say something but she doesn't have the words. I've been there before; when my dad left mom. But this is not about me right.

"Before you, we, Jermaine and I had Adrian.
He was born with a rare lung disease and no one could cure it. No one even knew what it was. So when inevitably Adrian died, I vowed never to let any of my other children suffer the poverty and lack Adrian suffered. I guess I got a little to stuck on it when you were born because by the time you were five we had enough assets to last us a lifetime, but I just couldn't shake the fear of lack. I guess it became a phobia." Ronda takes a season the arm of the sofa, all the anger dissipated from her voice.

"Mom...I'm...I'm, I didn't know I had a...sibling... " her voice breaks and I move forward to wipe a stray tear from her face and she smiles to tell me she's alright. I can tell she's grateful for the emotional support I'm giving her just by being here.
"Why didn't you tell me about this... About Adrian before?" I can tell the name is foreign on her tongue as she takes a cautious step towards her mom.

Man I feel like the biggest third wheel ever.
"I'm sorry to interrupt but I'm lost. Can someone explain all this to me... "
I start to say before the power goes out.
"Oh my God!" Ronda's voice breaks through the darkness before I hear a soft grunt...and footfalls...
then a piercing scream.

It's Robyn's voice.

A/N: Heyo all. I've been out for some time... *sigh school and stuff, but here's a new chapter. Hope you liked it and if you did, don't hesitate to vote and give useful feedback in the comments. ILY all :)