Chapter 18: What If

|Briana|

I don't know his much bail will be. I grabbed 20 thousand dollars and dropped the kids at Christina's. I honestly don't know shit about the jail system.

~~~

"I'm here to pay Christopher Brown's bail.

She typed some stuff in the computer. "He's not available for bail.''

Even though the jail system confused the hell outta me, I knew what that meant.

"Can I go see him?"

"Sure."

~~~

I sat down in the chair and looked through the glass at Chris, in an orange jumpsuit. As soon as I saw him, I started to cry.

"Briana, stop crying." He said through the phone.

"I can't, Chris. What if you go to prison for years?" I wiped my tears.

"Briana, I'm not going to go to prison, okay?"

"But, what if-" He interrupted me.

"I'm not going to prison. Trust me. And I'll be back home before Navoni's wedding." I laughed, because I had completely forgotten about that. "I left my phone home on the couch. Go through my contacts, find Cassandra, she's my lawyer. Call her and tell her about everything that happened. Everything."

I nodded my head in understanding.

There was a silence between us, until Chris broke it.

"Where are the kids?" He asked.

"With Christina."

"Five minutes." The guard said, signaling that we only had 5 minutes left to talk.

He put his hand on the glass like they do in the movies.

"Really, Chris?"

"Yeah, now hurry up and put your hand on the glass."

I put my hand on the glass, so that it was on his.

"I love you so much, Briana, even though we aren't together. No matter what."

"I love you too."

"Take care of my babies." He said. Our 5 minutes were up and he walked in the back, causing me to frown.

~~~

I picked up Chris' phone and looked at his lock screen. I smiled as I looked at all of us. I entered his passcode, which was our anniversary.

I scrolled through his contacts until I got to Cassandra. I called her and told her everything, from when I got kidnapped to now.

"Do you think you can get him out?"

"Sure."

"Thank you so much." I hung up.

Now, I'm bored. I called Navoni, Christina, then Christen to keep me company.

When they came, Christina handed me Jr and Cierra who were both sleeping.

"Where's Chris?" Christen asked.

"Huh?" I pretended like I didn't hear her.

"I said, where's Chris?" She asked again. I quickly glanced at everyone, they all looked like they were waiting for an answer.

"He's.. uh... in jail." I tried to whisper, but I was pretty sure I failed.

~~~

This chapter would've been longer, but Wattpad deleted it and I didn't feel like typing the rest of it.

But anyway.........

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.

😘