Chapter 17: Back Of A Car

|Briana|

The first thing I did when we got to the hotel is take a shower. I washed away everything I endured in the last two weeks.

After being in the shower for almost two hours, I got out. Being that I had no clothes, I had to wear Chris' clothes.

"Lemme talk to you for a minute." He said.

I sat down on the bed and he sat next to me.

"So, what are we?" He asked.

"Well, you saved my life and I'm truly grateful for that. But we've tried so many times, do you really think we should try one more time?"

He looked down at his hands, sighed, then stood up. "I'm gonna get ready for tonight's show." He said sadly then walked in the bathroom.

I wanted to cry so badly, but the tears wouldn't fall.

~~~

I didn't go to Chris' show, I just stayed in the hotel room. When the show is over and he comes back, I won't even be here. I will be on the next flight to L.A.

|Chris|

During my entire performance, I was so unfocused. The only thing on my mind was Briana. How could she just give up on us like that?

I got back to the hotel room, and she was sitting in the bed, staring into space. "Briana, what's wrong wit' you?"

"You probably don't want me around, considering we're not together, so I was gonna go back to L.A before you got back, but my flight got cancelled."

~~~

|3 months later|

Briana did eventually leave the tour, and go back to L.A. The tour is now over and I'm about to go home to Briana and my kids. Briana and I aren't together, but we decided that its best for the kids if we live together.

I walked into the house with a huge smile on my face, hoping that Jr would run into my arms and Briana would give Cierra to me, and we'd look like a happy family. But, unfortunately, that's not what happened. They wasn't even home.

Almost an hour later, I heard Briana's car pull up in the driveway. About 2 minutes later, she walked in with Cierra on her hip, and Jr by her side.

Jr ran up to me and gave me a big hug, while Briana walked by with Cierra like she didn't even see me.

Jr went to his room and I went upstairs in the guest room where Briana was. "Well, hello to you." I said.

"Hey." She said scrolling through her phone while Cierra played with her hair.

I was about to say something, but I was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

"I'll get it." Briana said before standing up. She handed me Cierra then walked downstairs. Once she left the room, I followed after her.

She opened the door, but I couldn't see who it was, so I just listened.

"Christopher Brown?" They asked.

"May I ask why you're looking for him, officer?" Briana asked.

"Listen, ma'am. We just need you to tell us where Christopher Brown is?" Another officer asked.

"Why do you need to know where he is?"

"Ma'am, if you don't tell us where he is, we have the right to search your house." The first one held up a search warrant in Briana's face.

"I don't give a fuck about your warrant! Why do you ne-"

I interrupted before Briana said something that she'll regret. "I'm Christopher Brown, officer."

"Mr. Brown, please give your wife the baby and step outside with us."

I handed Cierra to Briana, then stepped outside. "Officers, may I ask wha-" I didn't finish my sentence due to the fact that I was pushed up against their car.

"Christopher Brown, you're under arrest for the murder of Reggie Carter and the attempted murder of Miranda Johnson. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford one! one will be appointed to you." He put the handcuffs on me, read my rights to me, then put me in the backseat of the car. I looked out the window as it started to rain at Briana, Cierra, and Jr. I hope Jr never sits in the back of a cop car like I am right now. I hope Cierra doesn't fall in love with someone who's been in the back of a cop car like I am right now.

|Briana|

There was nothing that I could do as they drove Chris further and further away.

"Where are they taking daddy?"

"There just taking him to Grandma's house." I lied. I hated lying to my kids, but in a situation like this, I had to.

~~~

I hate this chapter, but anyway...

Chris going to jail?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.

😘