Chatper 1- The Sharingan

In only a couple of days Saori and mother returned home.  No one got sleep for months, well noone except Sasuke who seemed to not hear the child's cries.

   He absolutely adored her.  I had to admit she was starting to grow on each of us.  She was cute with her small her but strangely enough she had green eyes.  Something very uncommon in the Uchiha clan.

Soon enough however, my little sister had me wrapped around her little finer.

                          5 years later

   Saori was now five years of age but nothing slipped past her watchful eyes.  I turned just as I saw Saori walk in, talking with Father.

                       *Saori's P.O.V.*

    I noticed Itachi staring while I was conversing with Father but I paid no attention.  "Why won't you train me dad?"  "Women are meant to bear children.  You don't even have the Sharingan.  Your brothers shall protect you.  Trust me Saori a battlefield is no place for you."  My head bowed slightly in discouragement.  I watched sorrowfully as father walked away.

    "Come on Saori.  I'll train you."  I smiled brightly and jumped at my older brother.  "Thank you nii-san!"  He smiled and from that day I trained to become a ninja my father would be proud of.

      I started the academy with Sasuke even though he was older by two years.  The Hokage and Itachi eventually convinced my father to allow me to start the academy. 

     Itachi told me I had keen eyes and that I caught on quickly to techniques.  I was ecstatic to find out I was quickly progressing faster than most male children my age.

       A cheerful spirit filled me as I walked outside into the surrounding forest.  There was the place with a small lake running through.

   I stopped suddenly seeing a knife come down on a fellow Uchiha.  The killer?  My nii-san.

  I gasped and felt something move in my eyes.  I winced as I softly whispered,"I-Itachi."

    His head snapped forward, blazing red eyes staring back at me.  "Saori."  I took off and then screamed when I saw him in front of me.

  "Saori, shh let me explain."  My heart was frantic and my breath was coming in short gasps.  "Saori!  Calm down!" 

   "Saori, I had to do it.  I know you're upset right now but I'll explain in you just calm down."  I nodded my head cautiously as tears formed in my eyes.  "It was an order from the Hokage but nobody must know.  Please Saori just trust me.  I'm your older brother aren't I?"

   I nodded my head and realized then what would happen to Itachi if I told.  He would be locked up or maybe even killed.  I shuddered at the thought and then ran to my big brother's arms.  "I love you nii-san."  "I love you to Saori. Thank you."

                "Saori."  I looked up at him and his eyes held shock.  "You have the Sharingan."  I looked up at him confusion piling inside me.  I was a girl, how did I get the Sharingan?  "You musn't tell anyone that you have obtained the Sharingan at such a young age."

      Months went by and Father did find out I had my Sharingan at the young age of 5.  I didn't explain to him how or when it happened but he seemed to not care.  I knew he was waiting for Sasuke.

    A few more months and it was now my 6th birthday.  The day had been going as well as you'd expect it to.  Mother and Father gave me presents and I loved them all.   Father gave me a few flowers and a healing book.  Mother gave me a necklace with a blue diamond on it.

   Itachi had given me a small bracelet that had his, Sasuke's, and my name engraved in purple.   The bracelet was silver with a small charm that hung on it.  The charm said "Forever."  I smiled when he gave me that!

   the next good news was that I got to train after school with Sasuke today!  So now here I am walking back home with Sasuke.

     Sasuke and I began our short walk back to the village and I don't think either of us expected what we saw.  Darkness, blood, and kunia's lay everywhere in the compound.  I gasped and tugged on Sasuke.  "Mom!  Dad!"  He ran looking for our parents while I began calling out Itachi's name.

    I searched and soon enough I found him...with Sasuke lying on the ground.  I couldn't tell if Sasuke was breathing or not.  "Nii-san who did this?"  His fierce Sharingan eyes bored into mine as I took a step back.  "W-Why?"  "Ignorant sister I will tell you just like I told Sasuke.  I have done this to test my abilities.  If you wish to kill me, despise me and hate me.  Then maybe you shall reach my level." 

   I looked into his eyes and immediately was sucked into that place.  Bodies fell and soon enough my weak body did as well.  "I expect more from you Saori.  Sasuke cannot kill me..but I think you may be close enough of a match."

   With that said darkness consumed me.

                                                  *Sasuke's 12, Saori's 10*

             I walked close to Sasuke as we made our way to the Academy.  "Are you sure you want to come today?"  I nodded my head.  "I don't want you to leave me."  His eyes flashed and he gripped my hand tighter,"I'll never leave you Saori.  I'm now him."  I nodded quietly, knowing if I spoke about Itachi, it would only make Sasuke mad.  He hated Itachi and I couldn't bring myself to hate my brother.

          We walked slowly and finally reached the academy where I took a seat beside my brother.  "Saori if it gets to be too much.."  "I'll be fine.  I've done this before, you know that.  Nii-san taught me."  He glared straight ahead as I mentioned his name.  "Sorry.", I whispered so only he could hear.  He nodded and with that, the day began.