Part 5: Charlotte Ann Bolton

Henry's POV- I keep replaying  Charlotte's words in my head.

I can't believe she would say that to me, she's probably just jealous.

My watch starts beeping like crazy. And I press on it to have Ray pop up.

"Henry, get down here now,  there's been a kid napping by your school!" Ray yells

"Okay, on my way" I say.

I turn my watch off and head out my window.

I rush to the man cave, blow a bubble, and transform to kid danger!

"Ray, who got kidnapped?" I ask.

"I don't know, but she's a black female and she was last seen coming out of the library" Ray says

Oh my gosh... Charlotte! I should've never left the tutoring session!

"Ray c'mon, I know who that is. Let's go!" I yell

We run up to the tubes, "Up the tube" Ray and I yell and we're off to save Charlotte.

--

We arrive at the school trying to find clues.

I look around towards the library. Charlotte's bag is still there.

I look around to where we were sitting and find a black wallet looking thing.

I pick it up to find a picture of a man, I look  closer.

His name is Ivan Riller. I've heard of the name before, but  can't remember what he did.

But I think I just found Charlotte's kidnapper.

I rush out to find Ray and show him the picture.

"Good job kid, let me tell Schowz to track him down" Ray says

Ray goes off to call Schwoz and I see Bianca walking in the distance.

I started to wave, but then I remembered I was in my suit.

Then a guy walks up to her and gives her something, but I can't see it.

Could she be dating that guy?

Maybe Charlotte is right, she's playing me.

"Kid! We gotta go to the train station! The kidnapper is about to take off with Charlotte!" Ray yells breaking me out of thought.

I nod my head and start running not taking my eyes off of Bianca.

I can't believe it.

-

We get to the train station and we immediately start asking around if they've seen Ivan.

No one knows where he is until I see Charlotte crying her eyes out as she is about to get on the train, but I don't see Ivan?

"Ray! I Found the girl!" I say.

But then I see Ivan walk up to Charlotte and he grabs her violently.

"Kid, you rescue the girl and I'll take Ivan. Let's go!" Ray says

We both run towards them, Ray punches Ivan while I grab Charlotte and pull her somewhere safe.

"Woah, thank you so much. I've never been more scared in my life!" She says hugging me

She pulls away immediately.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" she says embarrassed.

My cheeks get red too...

Then she looks me in the eyes, and my anxiety takes over.

I look away.

"You look so familiar. I swear I've seen you before" she says.

Oh no...

"Well, I am Kid Danger, where haven't you seen me?" I say trying to get her away from the fact that I go to school with her!

Ray finally takes the last punch and knocks him out.

The police take him away, and everything is alright, except for the fact that Charlotte is sitting alone outside.

"Hey, you okay? We can walk you home" I say

"No, I'm not okay. I was freaking kidnapped! And my mom probably doesn't even know. She doesn't pay attention to me. And now I've moved to a new school, with no friends. And I have to go to stupid tutoring with a boy that's dumber than me!" She rants, I try not to smile

"And, I'm experiencing feelings I've never felt, and I have no one to talk to about it." She says.

"You.. ccan talk.. to me?" I squeeze out.

"Really?" She says.

"Yeah" I say standing up. I reach out my hand.

"Yeah, I'll walk you home, and you can talk to me" I say

She grabs my hand and we start walking.

"So, whenever I was little I'd always come home to my mom and dad fighting. It was bad. I knew they were going to leave each other. Then it happened, my dad left without saying goodbye, and even though I knew it was going to happen, it still hurt so much. That's when mom quit her job and started a new job that made her move all over the place and pay less attention to me. That's when I started to get in trouble at school a lot because I didn't care, my mom wouldn't even care. But now I feel like I'm alone" she says and her voice cracks.

I stop walking, my hand still in hers.

"I'm so sorry , that must be rough. But listen, if you Ever! need someone to talk to, I'm here. Just call this number" I say handing her a slip of paper.

"You have a slip of paper with you're number on it in your pocket?" She says laughing.

I laugh too, "you never know when you're going to meet a special girl on the job, and I guess I did" I say

She smiled.

"That's my house on the corner, thanks again for saving me, and talking to me. But before I go, I'll tell you my name. Charlotte Ann Bolton, don't ever forget it!" She say running off.

I smile as I watch her leave, she's not as bad as I thought.

••

-Mia💘