Part 9: First Date

Charlotte's POV- Willie and I have been talking all week. He's actually a really sweet guy when he's not around his friends.

He's been keeping my mind off of Henry, I haven't even thought of him.

I head to my next class. I usually sit by Henry but today I go and sit by Willie.

"Hey Willie" I say.

"Hey Char, I have something to ask you" he says.

I nod my head mesmerized by his pearly whites.

"Would you like to go on a date with me? Tonight, dress nice. It's going to be special" he says.

"O... of course! I would love to! What time are you picking me up?" I ask

" 7, sharp"

"Sounds good"

"Great" Willie says

I am so happy for the rest of school, but I have dumb tutoring.

Henry's POV- I heard Willie and Charlotte talking. All I heard was that he's taking her on a date at 7:00!

He's going to play her! Just like Bianca's did to me. I have to do something to get  Charlotte away from Willie.

Charlotte's POV- It's 6:00pm. Willie will be here in an hour!

I have no clue what I'm going to wear, I've never been asked out before.

I take a deep breath and walk down the hallway to my mom's room. Maybe she'll help me.

I knock on my mom's door. She has a bunch of papers spread out on her bed, she looks miserable.

"Yes Charlotte?" She says.

I walk into her room slowly. I have not had a full conversation with her in months!

"I need your help mom" I say.

She looks up from her papers. Her eyes are so baggy and red. I start to feel bad for bothering.

"With what honey?" She replies. Tears start to form in my eyes. I may sound dramatic, but she hasn't called me honey in years. She said like she cares.

"I have a date tonight, and it's going to be my first date. And I have to dress nice, but I don't know how to do that." I say.

She smiles, she gets out of bed and heads to her closet. She picks out a beautiful red dress and amazing black heels. She looks at the dress and looks at me.

"This was the dress I wore on my first date. It was such a magical night, and I wanted to save it for you for your first date. Now go put it on, and then we'll do your hair and makeup." She says. I grab the dress and head back to my room.

I sit on my bed and start crying. My mom is actually caring for me. I haven't felt this feeling in forever. I finally stop crying and slip on the dress.

I have never considered myself "beautiful" but I did right at that moment. I realized how much I looked like my mom. I go back to my mom's room and I show her the dress. A couple of tears fall from her eyes. I almost start crying too, but I contain myself.

She hugs me. A hug, so many months without a hug. I hug her back, so tight, like it's the last.

"Okay, now let's get you dolled up!" She says.