Chapter 2//Comfort

I became conscious again and there she was. Drowning in blood.

My eyes were crying a river. I haven't cried this much in forever. Who could've done this?

I look around and see nothing then call the police.

"Hello what's your emergency?" The police say over the phone.

"My mom is bleeding out. Come quick!"

"What's your information ma'am?"

I start giving my information then choke on my words as I see three scratches. I look closer and see fur.

Was it a wolf or something? What the actual heck is happening?

"Ma'am?"

"Oh sorry. Um..." I give them my information and they arrive 18 minutes later.

"Over here" I say waving them over.

A couple hours after inspection they come over to me.

"We're going to ask you a few questions while they finish up investigation." They say. I nod even though I have no idea what happened. No sense in arguing with a police.

"Explain what happened before the incident"

I explain everything head to toe.

"Did your friend leave already?" They ask and I shake my head yes. "Can you call him over? We'd like to talk to him"

I get on my phone and explain everything. Minutes later he's at my house walking toward the police.

"Hello sir. We'd like to ask you a couple questions of what you saw."

He nods and they interview Ashton. Turns out Ash knew about as much as I did.

The police leave to do more research and I go over to my mom with Ashton and look at her holding back tears.

"Everything will be okay." I say hesitating a bit. Clearly everything isn't okay.

Soon enough I can't take it anymore and I sob into my hands. Ashton knows exactly what to do and he hugs me in a tight embrace.

I lay my head on his chest and cry my heart out.

The next morning I get ready to go to school. The police came back in the morning to get my mom's body.

"You've got this Taylor. Just get through the day" I get my book bag and open the door about to step out. "Bye ma-" I shake my head forgetting she isn't here and keep walking.

"Hey babe."

I look up from my phone and see Terrance walking to school as well as me. I fake a smile and wave.

"Hey baby." I take his hand and we walk to school hand in hand.

We get there and go our separate ways.

I walk into my class and look on the board.

Sorry For Your Loss Taylor

I furrow my brow at that and sit in my seat. As soon as the teacher comes in I raise my hand.

"Yes Taylor?"

"What's that mean?" I point to the board.

"Your mom of course."

I'm taken aback by the answer then gulp. "Excuse me?"

"No more questions. I assume you know what I mean but let's get on with class shall we."

It's now the end of school and the bell rings. I'm walking home with Ashton today and bring up the subject.

"How did everyone know about my mom?"

"You don't know? I thought Terrance would've told you."

"Told me what? And no I obviously don't know"

"It's on his vlog. Turns out he was coming to your house then saw all the commotion and vlogged some of it"

"Wh- wa- he...-" I stumble trying to find the words I'm trying to think of then it clicks. "THAT FUDGING BASTARD! WHAT THE HECK?! HE DOESNT HAVE THHE RIGHT TO-"

"Slow down girl. That's just how he is. Don't worry, he got in trouble by moi"

I calm down a bit. "What'd you do?" He surely couldn't have done anything bad. He's Ashton.

"I told the principal. He's suspended"

"Gee thanks." I say sarcastically.

"At least I did something." He puts his hands up in defense.

"Right. Like I said. Thanks a lot."

I smirk and go home.

It feels so empty in here. Usually the house is lit up with extra lunch ready because I don't eat school lunch.

I miss my mom's lavender scent filling up the room.

I wish she was here to greet me but... You don't always get what you wish for I guess.

Already done with the day, I do my homework then get ready to sleep. I honestly don't care that it's only 5:00 pm I just want the day to end.

I get comfortable in my bed and turn on soft rain sounds then there's a knock at my door.

I groan and get up to answer the door.

"Coming!" I yell at whoever is pounding on my door.

I open the door. "Finally" Ashton says.

"What do you want?"

"I figured you'd just go to sleep to let the day past but I won't let you do that. I've got a plan."

"It's fine Ashton. We don't need a plan, that's what defective people do."

He smirks and pulls out two detective hats and wriggles his eyebrows.

I sigh and let him in.

"What's your plan?" I say taking the hat.