Cassette 3, Side B

"Valentine's day. That amazing date filled with romance and couples popping out like daisies. The cheerleaders went for a "charity" dollar valentine game for the gym. We had to fill in blanks, describing our right partner. To be honest, I was describing a special someone. However, he was completely unaware of it. Did anyone think of me in a good way? I highly doubt that, for the stares in the hallway and the notes in my locker pretty much showed that I wasn't welcome here. I DID get appreciation from guys. But not the kind of appreciation I needed. I was an object to them, for everyone in the school thought that way about me.

I got the results from a pleasant young girl with a dark secret she was afraid to confess about. She was quite friendly towards me, but, on the other hand, celebrities are always friendly, though it doesn't mean that it's the way they really feel about the person they're smiling at. But I'm going to talk about her worry. Be patient. 

As soon as the cheerleader saw a certain name pop out first, she looked at me cautiously and told me to not even think of him. Instead, she advised me to hang out with another guy, who was somewhere in the middle of the top five candidate list. Pete Wentz, welcome to your tape."

Little did Gerard know that I fill out a dollar valentine as well. And his name popped out first on my list. But, as always, I was too shy to call him. My heart starts bleeding as I realize that if I were to do so, things would've taken a different turn. I saw him and the cheerleader talk about the valentines on my way to Math class.

"I called you, wanting to see how things would turn out. You were surprised to hear my voice, but you also admitted that my name was first on your list.  We agreed to have our first date at a local diner. I was sitting there, waiting for you to come. Time seemed to go by very slowly. In order to make it go by a little faster, I ordered some milkshakes. I kept looking outside, hoping I'd see you coming in. I didn't. 

Thankfully, you did show up, but you brought company, which was completely inappropriate and unsuitable for that night's event. My heart skipped a beat, sensing that something would go very wrong soon. You were very late, but you acted like you had been gone for only a few minutes. I must admit, you had me laughing within seconds. You had a great sense of humor. I didn't suspect that I would be your next joke.

You looked at me in an admiring way and started leaning on me. I felt your hand caress my leg and the other one playing around with my hair. Suddenly, your grip got stronger. I was lost for words, but you smiled in a very nasty way. I ordered you to get out, but you started acting like I was out of my mind. The only one being mindless was you. You thought that I'd give it up to you without thinking twice. So tell me, Pete, what was it? Was it an actual date that went completely wrong over one stupid action? Or did you have it all planned out all along? Did you want to find out if the rumors were true?

You left, calling me crazy, so that everyone would get YOUR side of the story and never believe mine. Just when I started thinking that someone cared about me, once again, I was proven wrong.

Will things ever get better? Will I be able to find at least one person who wouldn't jump into conclusions and see me for who I am? Every time I tried to find some support, I'd get a stab in the back and there would be no exceptions to it. 

I turned around and I heard your friends laughing, giving each other high fives. You clearly turned it into a show without me knowing it. It was time to take a bow, right?

But then, I heard a kind and supportive voice say: "Is everything alright, Gerard?"

The tape stops playing and I take the next casette.