Nine

I threw away the note once I read it.
How dare he? After everything he dares to send me my favorite ice cream. But I may keep this spoon, it's pretty nice. I'll need to wash it first to get all of the Cameron cooties off of it.

I toss the ice cream into the mini refrigerator for when I am even more depressed. Oh you thought I was just going to throw away the ice cream? WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY??
It may be from Cameron, but it's still ice cream. I lay down on my bed, admiring my new spoon.

Only fifteen minutes later does the door open with a gloomy looking CC standing in it.

"I'm confused." She says setting down her bag.

"No kidding." I say still looking at my spoon. When she doesn't answer I look up. "Sorry. What's wrong?"

"Tay." She says with a sigh.

"When did we get back to his nickname?"

"I don't know. Why is everyone asking me so many questions today?!" she stands up flustered. "Doesn't anyone know the amount of questions my brain can take? Not very many! Ugh!!!" she storms out of the room and minutes later I hear the shower running.
Something's not right with the boys. Even Carter and Matt seemed a little on edge. What is going on?
First the whole team thing, then Nash, and Cameron saying sorry, and now even CC's upset. I knew I should've have come, but CC insisted. I have a feeling CC might be in the shower for awhile, so I leave her a note and go to find, well anyone really.

####

I go into the empty dinning hall and sit down in the middle of the room. No table or chair, just me and the cold, dirty floor. I don't know what I am doing but my phone starts to ring, interrupting the quiet sound of nothing.
I pull out my phone to see Nash's name appear on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Maddie?" he sounds like he's crying again. *No mental high five*

"What? What's wrong? Did Cameron say something to you again?"

"No, it's just..." he trails off "can- can you come to my room? Please?"

"Um.."

"I can't be alone, not tonight." His words make me question weather or not I should go up, but the sadness in his voice just breaks my heart.

"Sure. I'm coming now." I hang up and stay sitting for a few seconds before standing up to find the elevators. Once I find them, the doors open revealing a oat load of screaming fans. I guess the person behind me must be pretty cool.

"OMG IT'S MADISON!!!" one yells and they all start screaming like teenage girls, which I guess they are so...

"Can I get a picture?"

"Will you sign this?"

"How long are you going to be here for?"

These are all questions that come out of almost all of their mouths. Only one girl doesn't ask a question like that, although I would've preferred her too.

"HAVE YOU CHOSEN A TEAM YET??" she asks making all the rest of them shut up. God damn it, are people still talking about that shit?

"Have you chosen a team?" I ask her so maybe she'll lay off.

"OMG Yes of course!" she says it like I should already have known. "Team Caddison all the way!!!" she reveals a blue t-shirt with Cameron and I in the middle of a heart. Above the picture it says '#TeamCaddison4Ever'. Woah, who knew people took things this seriously?

"Nice." I smile. According to one of the other girls, they were ALL on team Caddison. Which made it harder for me to escape. I take some pictures and sign almost everything before they finally let me go.

"Hey Maddison?" A girl asks as soon as I push the up button. "Tell Cameron to get rid of that slut, like now." All of the girls seem to be nodding their heads in agreement.

I take no percussion with this answer. "Will do." I say and step onto the elevator.

####

"Nash?" I ask. Nash opens it almost imeditaely after I knock. There's a look of surprise on his face.

"I though you weren't going to show up." he says plopping down on the couch.

"You asked me to come didn't you?" I say sitting on a chair this time. Now that I know what happens on the other bed. EW!!!!

"Yeah, but you just-just took-" his sniffles are becoming quicker. "took so long that I just figured..."

"I was stopped by some fans. Just because I was a little late doesn't mean that I wouldn't come." I look at his sad, puffy-eyed face and I really want to know ho's making him cry. I can't handle this hotness anymore. I-I mean sadness! I can't handle this sadness anymore.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I know I striked out last time, but I figure it's worth a shot.
He nods. Thank god. Nash pats the spot next to him and sits against the headboard.

There's a long pause before he starts talking.

"Last month, my dad, um-" he sniffles and looks away from my eyes. Which I guess is okay but I love his eyes. "My dad got diagnoised with cancer."
I inhale sharply. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't expect anything this bad.

"And the doctors, they don't-um- they don't think he's going to live very long." I can see the tears falling faster now. "When I landed in Chicago I got a call from my mom saying that my dad had been rushed to the hospital." I watch in horror as Nash continues. I feel like stopping him, to save us both the pain, but I don't know what's stopping me. "I tried to go home, I really did, but the managers; they didn't understand."

"Did you tell them why you wanted to leave?" He shakes his head no.

"On that day when you saw me, um cry, I was talking to my step mom on the phone." I glance away, but when I look back I only see that his face is full of tears. "She said that he- that he-that the doctors said his last day is the 20th. Next week he'll be dead and I won't be there to-" He gets cut off by the thousands of tears streaming down his face. Nash isn't just sobbing, he's full on crying.

I scoot closer and hold him in my arms. I can feel his tears creating oceans in my shirt but I don't care. We stay like this the whole night, just me holding him tight while he becomes the most volerable person I've ever seen.

####

I'm awaken only a few hours later by the sound of screams and shouts.

"What the fuck Nash? Now you're sleeping with my ex? No wonder your father's so disappointed in you. I bet he can't wait to die."

"CAMERON YOU ASSHOLE!!!" I scream at him. "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! We were not having sex together, he was crying so I tried comforting him."

"Oh, my bad." Cameron says with a red face.

"NO! You don't just get to do that! And how dare you bring up his father to threaten him. You don't think Nash feels bad already? You're and asshole and you don't deserve Nash as your best friend. So before you think about apologizing and rooming with Nash again, you better get you shit together and figure yourself out because honestly, I don't even know who you are anymore."