The Move [1]

"Kai! Kyla! Get up or you will be late for school!" Mother shouted, like she did every morning. "You don't want to be late on your last day at this school!"

I lazily got up from my bed to check the clock.

5:30AM

"Well, I'm up now, there's no way of getting that extra 30 minutes back." I said to myself as I began to walked down the long hallway; stopping at my little sister's room.

"Kyla, come on, lets go get ready for school." I said.
"It's 5:32! Let me sleep!" She argued.
"Suit yourself, more breakfast for me." I said; chuckling as I walked down a flight of stairs to the living room.
"Oh no you don't!" Kyla said; bursting out of the room and running past me like an Olympic gold medalist. "Beat you to the table!"
"So competitive but only when it contains filling your stomachs." Mother said; flipping pancakes before placing them on the plates in front of us.

" Mother said; flipping pancakes before placing them on the plates in front of us

My name is Kai Jordan; a 16 year old kid with two sisters. The one you met already is my 14 year old little sister Kyla, whose ever the competitor. Although we compete for almost everything, I love her a lot. The other one is my baby sister Krystal. She doesn't know how to speak yet and she's very adorable.

 She doesn't know how to speak yet and she's very adorable

My mother name was Kasey Jordan; often referred to as Mrs. Jordan. She worked for a business named T.R.U.S.T, that deals with families and ensuring safety.

T, that deals with families and ensuring safety

My father was William Jordan or Will for short. Dad was a financial manager for the company named T.R.U.S.T. and worked in a different branch than my mother.

My family lived in Columbus Ohio and due to my mother's promotion, the company is moving our whole family to their Canadian branch that's said to give my mother double the pay than what she's currently earning.

After breakfast, freshening up and dressing for school, mom got in her company jeep and drove us to school as she usually did.

"Have a good day." She said.

"Thanks mom." Both Kyla and I said simultaneously. "Good day Krystal."

The day went along smoothly and normal just like any other school day. Then lunch came upon us and I met up with my best friend Josh Baker who was also my neighbor.

"Hey Kai." He said. "Ready to leave for Canada yet?"
"Hey Josh." I responded. "Yeah, I'm packed and ready to go."
"Good. It'll surely be different without you being around." He said sadly.
"Yeah, and I'll miss you." I then said. "But, I'll keep in touch. We still have WhatsApp and iMessage and FaceTime and Skype."
"True." He said as he began to smile.

Meanwhile
Kyla's PoV
I stood up to my so called bully who for the two years I've been at the school, never laid her hand on me.

"You know, it's good that you're leaving." She said.
"I agree, I don't have to hear your annoying voice ever again." I said; keeping my cool.
"Well maybe, we should send you off with a little parting gift." She threatened as she brought her self to stand directly in front of me.

"You do know I'm not afraid of you, right?" I countered, which angered her.

As she prepared to push me, a voice stopped her.

"Demetria Gill, leave her alone." The voice of my brother called.
"Kai Jordan, I see you and Josh's timing is as impeccable as ever." She said. "You know, Kai, we could have been something."

"I'm sorry but we could have never been anything. See your features and looks plus mine are incompatible. If we were to grade your features from A+ to F, you would receive F-." He said coldly; taking my hand and walking towards the cafeteria.

"Hey Kai, thanks." I thanked. "Oh and hi Josh."

"Hey there Little K." Josh greeted. "Aren't you going to say bye to a certain person before you leave for Canada?"

"Again Josh, I'm not that little, and number 2, I will say bye to ..." I started.
"Hey Kyla, I finally found you." A girl, whose slightly taller than I am, said.
"Joyette, it's about time anyway." I greeted.

Joyette Baker was my best friend and the little sister to Josh. She had dark chocolate hair just like her older brother and they both shared dark eyes.

"You didn't expect me to eventually find you? Today out of all days is a must since you're leaving and probably never coming back." She said.
"Don't worry, once our brothers stay in touch, so will we." I said; hugging her tightly.
"You're probably right." She said; smiling sweetly.

Kai's PoV

"So..., you're going to complete your driving course in Canada?" Josh asked.
"I don't have much of a choice, now do I?" I replied. "And to besides, I almost have my license."
"I would never drive with you even if it were to save my life." Joyette insulted.
"And just what is that supposed to mean?" I asked.
"Evidence says it all. Remember at the arcade, you hit every single corner and obstacle." She explained.
"I think you got me a little confused with your brother." I responded.
"Oh." She said surprisingly. "I still won't trust you with my life to that extent and I certainly won't get in a car with Josh."

I chuckled and hugged Kyla, Joyette and Josh.
"I love you guys, forever family right?" I asked as I felt something wet on my chest.
"I love you guys too." Josh said.
"So do I." Joyette and Kyla said simultaneously.

I released the hug and forced a smile as tears threatened to flow.

"When you get home from lessons, we will be probably at the airport, if not high in the sky." Kyla said.
"No way you'll be gone, we're going to be at the airport with you." Josh said as the bell rang.
"Well looks like we're going to find out soon enough. Now let's get to class." I said as I began to walked to class.

After school, my mother collected Kyla and I.

"Where's Krystal?" Kyla asked.
"I am not picking her up this evening, your father is." Mother said.
"Oh, is that right?" I asked.
"Yes it is." She confirmed. "Where do you guys want to eat?"
"McDonald's!" Kyla exclaimed.
"Subway." I said.
"No, McDonald's!" Kyla argued.
"Subway is closer." I bounced back.
"I'll just go to both." Mother concluded.

To be continued.....

N.B: The pictures used are not owned by me and they are used just to help give an image on what the characters that they are used to portray look like.