The Move [2]

At the Airport
Kai's PoV
I stood there with Kyla, Josh and Joyette as we took pictures so we can always remember each other.

"Kids, it's time to get going." Dad said.
"Alright, we're coming." I said.

I placed my right hand outward; palm facing down; initiating a huddle.
"Let's bring it in one last time." I said.

I felt Kyla's hand atop mine; Josh on hers and Joyette on his.
"O.H!" I called.
"I.O!" They responded; throwing out hands to the sky.
"Well, I'll let you know when we get to Toronto." I said; grabbing my sister's hand and my giant backpack.
"Safe travels!" Joyette shouted.
"Have a great trip and live healthy!" Josh yelled.
"Thanks!" My sister and I exclaimed as we walked through the doors.

"Mom, wouldn't it had been easier and cheaper to drive to Toronto?" Kyla asked as we walked towards the boarding gate

"She does raises a decent point mom." I agreed.
"Well maybe but this is what the company offered and to besides, it's faster." Mom replied.
"Don't forget about how much Krystal hates long trips." Dad reminded.
"Yeah, don't remind us about that." Kyla said. "I had to hold her last time and she cried and cried and cried. Not to mention how miserable she was, she wouldn't sit still nor did she want to go in her car seat or even with Kai."
"She's very picky and biased when she's miserable." I explained.

As the child slept comfortably on dad, I smiled at the adorable baby; her body rising and falling with every breath she took.

"She's amazing and adorable, isn't she?" I said as I admired.
"She really is." Mother said before stopping a cart driver. "Can you please take us to gate 17?"

"Sure." He said. "Hop on."

We placed our luggage on the back and got on the cart. We quickly got to the gate and thanked the man.

"Hey mom? Are we flying in first class or coach" Kyla asked.
"Why does it matter?" Mother replied with a question.
"Because you get food in first class." Kyla answered.
"Do you think with your stomach?" Father asked.
"Most of the time she does." Mother responded.
"I'm a growing girl! I need to eat!" She defended.
"Alright fine, buy something quickly and then you can eat it on the plane." Mom said. "Kai, you too."
"Alright mom." I said before walking towards a bunch of food stores close to the gate.

"Popeyes or...?" She began.
"Popeyes." I interrupted.
"Oh okay." She said happily. "Race you there?"
"You're on!" I said.

We raced across the gates; passing through various people. They were so much people that I lost track on my sister. I stood still temporarily; looking all about for her curly brown hair.

While I kept looking for my little sister, I felt a pair of hands embraced me.

"I'm right here Kai." Kyla said as she released me.
"Don't scare me like that! I worry about you." I said to her as we both made our way to Popeyes.
"I'm sorry, I got trapped between some of the people." She explained.
"It's alright." I said as we walked up to the counter.

"Welcome to Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen." The lady at the counter said.
"Thanks, we would like to purchase 4 Chicken Po'Boys please." I said.
"Your total is $20.83. 4 Chicken PB's coming right up." She said as she took the money; giving me a ticket.
"Four?" Kyla asked.
"Yes, mom and dad have to eat as well. I'll pay for theirs with my money." I replied.
"Oh okay." Kyla said. "You're so selfless sometimes, it's very amazing."
"JOY for me stands for Jesus, Others and then Yourself." I explained to her as I usually said that like it was a motto.
"Ticket #2143." A man that works there called before I flashed the ticket.
"Thank you." I said taking the food. "Let's go Kyla."

As soon as we returned, the plane was ready to be boarded.

"Please walk safely onto the aircraft and make your way to your seat. Thank you." One of the airport secretaries said.

We complied with the order and our journey began.

__________________________

After we got to Toronto, T.R.U.S.T sent someone to collect us and take us to our new home.

"Well kids, we're here at our new home." Mom said.
"It's good to finally get here." I said.
"Tell me about it! Krystal was so grumpy after she woke up and realized we were traveling." Kyla expressed.
"She really hates traveling." Dad said while holding Krystal in his hands. "And to besides, she's just like you Kyla; always hungry."
"Hey!" Kyla defended. "But it is kinda true though."
"My point exactly." He responded.
"Anyway, mom, when will all of our things arrive?" I asked.
"They're coming in a barrel and should arrive in a week and a half." She replied. "You guys should go look around the house and choose your rooms and stuff. I'll take my little darling with me."
"Thanks mom." Kyla responded.
"She was referring to Krystal." I playfully replied.
"I know but ..., never mind. Who gets up the stairs first gets to choose their room first!" Kyla exclaimed before taking off.

"I thought you would have said that." I said as I grabbed her by the hand. "I think before we go up the stairs, we should eat."
"I agree; I'm pretty hungry." She said; forgetting all about the competition.

As Kyla opened the food bag from the restaurant we stopped at before we arrived at home, I snuck upstairs.

"Hey Kyla, I win!" I said.
"No fair!" She said.
"Very smooth Kai." Mom said.
"You know you would have done the same." I said to Kyla.
"You do have a point. Let's eat and then you can choose your room." Kyla said.
"Deal but remember I choose." I said outlining the choose.