The Canadian Girl

Kai's PoV
After the first week of school, I felt comfortable being around my new best friend Esme.

"Good morning monsieur Kai." She greeted.
"Good morning Esme and again, you don't have to call me monsieur, just call me Kai." I said; walking with my books in my hand.
"I know but I like to make sure I am polite." She replied.

As we walked and talked, I accidentally bumped into someone at a junction in the corridors. Realizing that I fell, I grabbed my books and rose from the floor.

"You should watch where you're going!" The girl I bumped into said as she adjusted her glasses and got up from the floor.

"I'm sorry." I said before she took her books and walked away.

"Esme, who was that pretty girl?" I asked.
"She's Alana Logan. You don't want to get in contact with her." Esme said.
"Why not?" I questioned.
"If you do ever get in contact with her, you'll understand." She answered.
"I'll try my best to avoid her then." I replied. "What's the deal with her anyway? I thought all Canadians were nice."
"Most are, few aren't and by few I mean like only 5 people." Esme explained.
"I see." I said as the bell rang. "Let's get to class."

As we walked into the classroom, I noticed that Alana was sitting at the desk in front of mine.

"Was she always in this class?" I asked.
"Well, yeah. Last week she wasn't here though. She travels from time to time and she can afford to, her parents are super successful." Esme replied.
"Hey American kid, come over here for a minute." Alana spoke.
"Ummm ok." I said as I nervously walked towards her.
"Since you're the new kid, let me brief you on the rules. I already don't like you so you're supposed to keep your distance and don't disturb me, got it?" She explained.
"I got it." I said before walking away.

"Don't worry about it Kai, she does that to everyone. It's who she is. She doesn't really have friends and she tends to want to keep it that way so she can get very snappy at times." Esme said; taking her seat.

"Good morning students and welcome back Ms. Logan." Ms. Harris greeted.
"Thank you Ms. Harris." The whole class said.

At lunch, Esme and I rendezvous with my sister and her best friend, Kendra Kirton in the cafeteria

"Hey Esme, hey Kai." My sister greeted.
"Hey." We both said as we took out our lunch and prepared to eat.

As we ate and chatted, the cafeteria doors swung as Alana stepped through.

"Haven't seen her before." My little sister remarked.

"She was overseas last week." I commented.

"Bro can I talk to you for a minute?" She asked.

"Sure thing. Excuse us for a while Esme and Kendra." I said as I took my sister's hand and walked to the corner of the room. "What's up?"

"What's her name?" She asked.
"Alana Logan." I replied. "Why couldn't you ask me that around the others?"
"Because, I just couldn't." She said. "Is she in your class?, How old is she?, Do you like her?"

"Yes she's in my class, I don't know how old she is and what's with all the questions?" I responded.

"Didn't answer my last question and I'm asking because #1 she's super pretty and #2 you know that this is who I am." She answered.

"Well it's who you're becoming. You did the same when I introduced you to Esme." I replied.

"Well maybe I can't help it." She said. "Let's rejoin the others."
"Agreed." I agreed.

As we walked back to the others, Alana walked up to me.

"Jordan." She said.
"Logan." I countered.
"Looks like we have certain classes together like Physics and the theatrics." She pointed out.
"Well I guess we do." I said. "To be more accurate, every class but music."

If you're wondering what Theatrics class is, well it's a theater arts class in which students have to perform with dramatic expressions for their marks. Not everyone is in the Theatrics but since it seemed fun and an easy way to get marks, I asked Principal Kirton to be in the class.

"If you're doing theatrics, then why are you doing music as well?" She asked. "Actually, don't answer that. I'll see you in chemistry after lunch and let me emphasize this point, stay away from me and you will be fine."

Alana walked away leaving everyone around me shocked.

"Damn! She's crazy." Kyla said.
"Tell me about it." I agreed.

After lunch, I went to my chemistry class with Esme.
"Good afternoon class." The young male teacher greeted.
"Good afternoon Mr. Graham." We, the class, answered.
"Today, I'll be pairing you up in groups of three and this would mean you have to work together till the end of the year." He said.

'This is like a classic book in here.' I thought. 'I'm going to end up being paired with Ms. Canadian Princess Logan.'

"Here are the groups:
Liam Hill, Jennifer Blake and Frank Tarques.

Kai Jordan, Esme Beaufort and Holly Mitchell.

Liana Hill, Richard Wake and Alana Logan.

.... {The list went on}
Here are your assignments, good luck and I expect good marks." He said as he handed out the assignment sheets.

'Okay, not entirely like a book, but I guess that's a good thing. I thought I'd have to be paired up with Alana.' I thought as I read the assignment.

"Get in your groups and begin the assignment, this assignment's deadline is in 6 weeks, make sure to hand it in early so I can tell you if changes need to be made or not." Mr. Graham said.

"Well, let's get to it Kai, Holly." Esme said as we started working. "We have a lot of work to do."

"The faster we finished, the faster we relaxed." Holly added as motivation.

Our groups began to work really hard; making little progress to the assignment, until class was over.

"It's good that you stayed out of my way." Alana said as we prepared to go home.

"Alright snappy, I'll see you tomorrow and stay out of it as well." I said as my mother pulled up.

"She's pretty." My mother said as I got in after my sister Kyla.

"She's a case, long story mom. Long story." I said.

______________________________

N.B: The pictures used are not owned by me and they are used just to help give an image on what the characters that they are used to portray look like.

Thanks for reading this chapter. Please Vote, Comment (no profanity or aggressive comments but you can tell me if you didn't like it) and Share.Thanks for the support in advance and thank you MakaiForde for being there for me as motivation.