Words

Kai's PoV
I sat in one of the three brown reclining chairs and watched tv as today was Saturday and all my chores were done. Today wasn't just any Saturday, it was the Saturday that I introduced Esme to my family, hopefully, it will not be awkward.

"Kai!" Mom called.
"Yeah?" I answered.
"Go get Krystal for me please." She said.
"Alright." I replied.

Complying; I got up from the reclined chair to collect my sister from her room. As I opened the door, I was welcomed by her attempts to talk and must I say, it was a very adorable thing.

"Hey there baby K." I greeted to which I was rewarded with a giggle. If there was one thing that I knew, I knew that unlike my other sister, Krystal liked her nickname that was bestowed unto her from Josh.

"Haaa!" She exclaimed as I took her from her resting place.

"Whose the most adorable little sister in the world? You are." I cooed as I walked down the stairs; showered in her giggles.

My mother walked towards us; taking the child just as the door bell rang.

"And I'll get the door." I said; moving towards the honey brown barrier. I opened the door in which Esme was standing on the other side. "Hey there Esme, come in."

"Salut. Merci monsieur Kai." [Hello. Thank you Mr. Kai] She said; stepping into the house. "Lovely home you have."

"Thank you Esme and just call me Kai." I replied.

"Good morning, you must be Esme." My mother said; as she walked towards us with Krystal in her hand.

"Oui, I'm Esme. You must be Kai's amazing mom." [Yes, I'm Esme] Esme replied.

"That, I am." Mom answered. "So Esme, do you want anything to eat or drink?"

"No, not right now, but thank you for asking." She responded.

After my mother left Esme and I in the living room by our selves, Esme looked towards me.

"Thank you Kai, for inviting me to your house. Your mother is nice." She complimented.

"You're most welcome." I replied. "Ça va?" [How are you?]

"Ça va bien merci et toi?" [I am good thank you and yourself] She answered.

"Ça va bien." [I am good] I responded.

"Hey there Esme, hi Kai." Kyla chirped as she entered the living room. "What's up?"

"Not a lot really." Esme answered. "How about you?"

"Just finished my chores." Kyla sang as my phone rang.

"It's Josh." I said as I answered the video call I was receiving.

"Hey there stranger." Josh spoke. "Little K!"

"Hey man, what's u--" I started.

"I'm not little!" Kyla interrupted in which she was rewarded with giggles from Josh.

"Hi there guys." Joyette said as she stepped into view. "What's up?"

"Not a lot, the usual Saturdays." My sister replied.

"Same here for us." Josh said.

"That's good to hear. I want to introduce you all to a very special person." I expressed with excitement. "Meet Esme Beaufort."

"Hello." Esme said. "Nice to meet you. You must be Joshua and Joyette."

"Hey, nice to meet you too." Josh said.

"Are you Kai's girlfriend?" Joyette asked.
"Well, I a--" Esme began.

"Actually no, she is my best friend!" I exclaimed.

"Wait what?!" Josh blurted. "I thought I was your best friend."

"Josh, you will always be a brother and I know you will have a best friend that isn't me, so, don't be jealous." I counseled.

"Well, when you put it that way, it is true." He replied.

"So Esme, tell us a little about yourself." Joyette voiced.

"I am French Canadian, grew up in Vancouver but moved here to Toronto." Esme said.

"Is that so? Tu est Jolie!" [You are pretty!] he complimented.

"Merci beaucoup." [Thank you very much] she replied.

"So Kai, where is baby K?" Josh asked.

"My mom has her." I replied. "I can go get her if you want."

"You don't have to." Joyette sighed. "We can talk to her later."

After awhile of talking about the differences in our lives, my mother passed by to hand the infant off to me.

"I'm going to the store to pick up some things." my mom said before turning to my phone. "Hi there Josh and Joy, I hope you both are well."

"We're good thank you and how are you doing Mother K?" Josh replied.

"I am well." My mother expressed.

As i sat down with Krystal in my hand, she began to protest being held with the little words she could muster up.

"Look at that; Baby K still is the most adorable thing ever, even if it's over the phone." Joyette beamed.

"She's a tough feisty baby, how is that adorable." I asked as Krystal yelled something clearly.

"What did she just say?!" Everyone looked to me yelling with excitement. Due to the unexpectedness of the situation, I don't know what the child said exactly.

"Daddy!" She yelled again; trying to get away from my grip.

"Awww, her first words and dad ain't here to hear her say them." Kyla said before hearing the door slam shut.

"Good evening everyone and for the record, I heard my baby girl yell for me." Dad beamed as he walked towards us; taking the child. "Hey there darling."

"Daddy." She said once more.

"It's about time she started using actual words." Kyla stated.

"Tell me about it." I agreed. "Hey Dad, could you stop admiring the adorable baby for a moment and come meet my friend?"

That's when my father looked up and realized the extra person in the house.
"Where are my manners? Hi there, I am Kai's father, Will Jordan." Dad said as he moved to shake Esme's hand.

"It is [Zit Tiz] alright Monsieur Jordan." Esme said as she shook his hand. "You have a lovely family so I understand that you saw them before you noticed me. I am Esme Beaufort."

"Nice to meet you Esme." He replied with a smile.

______________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter. Please Vote, Comment (no profanity or aggressive comments but you can tell me if you didn't like it) and Share.Thanks for the support in advance and thank you DonnneeeWritesss   for being there for me as motivation.