School?!

Kyla's PoV
Two weeks after my family moved in and we received all of our things, my mother signed my brother and I up for some random school someone from her workplace told her about.

"Kai! Kyla! Get up or you will be late for school!" Mother shouted, as usual. "You don't want to be late on your first day at your new school!"

'Can't I just not be woken up! Is it so hard to not wake me.
My harsh schedule continues:
Monday: School
Tuesday: School
Wednesday: School
Thursday: School
Friday: School
Saturday: Chores!!!!!
Sunday: Church.' I thought as i opened my eyes.

'However there's a benefit to waking up early.' I thought as I sat up on my bed. 'It meant Food!'

There was a knock on my door, bringing me from my thoughts.
"Kyla! Let's get ready for school." My brother's voice called.
"Kai, I'm up! I'll be down in no time." I said; mentally sighing as my eyes glanced at the digital clock which displayed 6:30AM.

I slowly got up and walked to my door slowly. As I opened my door, I was greeted by the sound of my family in the dining room getting ready to eat breakfast. I advanced down the hall towards the stairs before my ears met an annoying and painful sound.

"I'll get Krystal." I said; going to her room and opening the door. "Don't worry Kryssie, Kyla is here."

I took the child and rendezvous with my family.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Good morning. What's the matter, you don't seem to be your usual excited self today?" My mother responded.

"It's nothing." I said; looking away from them. "Someone take the child from me."

"I'll take her." Dad said; reaching to take Krystal who refused to go. "Looks like she doesn't want to leave your arms Kyla."

"Maybe she'll go with mom." Kai suggested.

My mother reached for the child who eagerly accepted to go with her.

"Let's get breakfast over with." I said.

"Why do you sound sad?" Kai asked.

"I'm not sad, I'm just..." I started. "I'm just..."

"Nervous?" Kai asked.

"Yeah. I also miss Joyette." I answered sincerely.

"We will talk with them later and don't worry, I'm going to be there if you need." He said.

"Thanks bro." I replied.

" I replied