Chapter Five

Chapter Five

+ + + + +

Melanie's P.O.V.

I flopped onto my bed. I couldn't believe what had happened. Keaton and I had freaking kissed. At this point, there was no denying that I liked it. As soon as we broke apart, I confirmed that I wanted Keaton to be my boyfriend.

My eyes fluttered closed.

Keaton called a second later.

I hesitated at first, but I decided I didn't want to keep him waiting. I picked up my phone.

"Hey, Keaton!" I said, a smile forming on my lips.

"Hey Melanie. I was wondering if you wanted to come over." My heart started racing in excitement. I wanted to know more.

"What for?" I asked.

"Well, Wes, Drew and I thought about it, and we decided that you should hear one of our songs!" I got so many butterflies and I wasn't sure what to say next.

"Well... uh... yeah! Sure! That would be totally cool! How does six work for you?" I asked.

"That's great. See you then. I'm really looking forward to it." His last sentence almost made me faint. It made me want six to come even faster.

Keaton's P.O.V.

That was definitely not supposed to happen. I shouldn't have said that. Everything was just happening so fast. Singing the song that night was going to be very weird.

"Keaton, are you okay? You look worried," Wes asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah. I'm fine. Should we rehearse?" I replied.

"Yeah, I'll get Drew. I think he's sleeping. Wanna wake him up with me?" I nodded and grabbed my guitar.

Wes and I stomped upstairs and opened Drew's door silently. We tip-toed over to where he was lying, and made sure he was definitely asleep.

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!" Wes and I shouted. Drew sat up with a jolt.

"Someone's gonna get slapped," he warned. I actually laughed out loud, and I forgot about what I had said to Melanie over the phone.

"Come on, we have to practice for Melanie! We are singing for her tonight, remember?" Drew fell off his bed and stumbled down the stairs, and Wes and I followed.

"What song are we doing?" I asked.

Melanie's P.O.V.

I sat on my bed, undecided on what to wear. At least I had my hair picked out. I put it into a fishtail braid. Since I wasn't going for anything fancy, I finally decided on skinny jeans and a grey tank top. I slipped on my grey Vans and headed out the door. It was a short walk to Keaton's house, only about five minutes. Upon my arrival, I knocked on the door.

"Quick guys, go downstairs!" I heard Keaton say. I waited outside patiently and my heart was going crazy. I felt like I was going to throw up when he opened the door.

"You look lovely." I didn't know what to say. 'Thanks'? 'You look lovely too'? Instead I just hugged him tightly and kissed him on the cheek. That seemed to work just fine.

Keaton led me down the stairs. We didn't speak. We both knew that everything would just come out awkward.

I gasped at what I saw. There were guitars, keyboards, drums, and a recording studio!

Wes and Drew greeted me and hugged me. "You ready for this?" Drew asked, excitement in his tone.

"Definitely," I replied, smiling. 

Drew grabbed an acoustic guitar, while Keaton grabbed a bass guitar. The three of them sat down on stools. I took a seat on the ground. 

"This is called 'Tequila Sunrise'," Wes said.

Drew started strumming his guitar. When he first started singing, I was amazed. He had an incredible voice. When Wes took over, my amazement was multiplied by two. 

But when Keaton sang, I had to try very hard to keep my jaw from dropping. His voice was awesome. It was a bit raspy, but that made it even better. I loved the chorus of their song.

Look at that tequila sunrise, that tequila sunrise

Burning, burning, burning,

In the distance, can't you see?

Oh, can't you see?

When they finished, I started clapping. They deserved applause from thousands of people.

"That was amazing!" I said.

"Thanks, we've been working really hard," Wes said. "We're planning on auditioning for The X Factor at some point."

"You're guaranteed to win. You guys are all so talented. I really mean that."

+ + + + +

Sorry for a two month wait for a crappy chapter. Makenzie's phone no longer works, so she has to use her mom's computer whenever she can for updates. I've been really busy, with school and updates on my main account and play practice and all this other crap.

We have made an Instagram account! Follow us: maileekeaton

Also, follow my Emblem3 fanpage: zayumkeaton

Main accounts: @huntington_ @makenzie4455

Stay awesome!

-Kate