Chapter 2 - The Bakery Blues

Chapter Two

Taylor's POV

I honestly can't stop thinking about Luke. I sit here in my room, Mike babbling on about some new song he likes, but I'm not really listening to him. I'm hearing him, but not listening.

Its hard to believe I just met Luke today. A few hours ago actually. I few hours ago, I saw the most beautiful eyes that have ever existed. So blue, like an ocean. And he has the cutest smile. It's shy, but confident at the same time. His lip ring makes it all the more better..

But guys with nice eyes and lips rings don't go for girls like me. Simple, and boring. I'm boring. I know it's true. I make the rare joke, but I have never really had fun. I guess some would call me innocent.

All I do is read, watch movies, or hang out with Michael. My life is a Cycle. Get up, fight Ashton for the bathroom, go to school, come home, and then I usually hang out with Michael until ten, witch is his curfew.

I don't have a curfew, and I guess some would say that me and my brother lucky for that.

Yeah, we don't have a curfew. But would you rather not have a curfew or not have parents? Some kids hate there parents, but I don't see how that's possible. How could you hate your own blood and flesh? How could you hate someone who raised you. Fed you, dressed you, and even changed your diaper.

I'm use to not having parents. Me and Ash have lived with my Aunt Jay for our whole lives basically, so I'm use to it. But it's the little things you miss the most. Or when the dark thoughts take over. Like, when I think about it, my mother won't be there to help me with my hair on my wedding day. My father won't walk me down the isle. My children won't have grandparents on both sides. It's quite depressing when you think about it... But I try not to.

My Aunt Jay is the closest thing to a mother I have. And I guess I could consider her a mother to me and Ashton, but it's not the same. She works all the time anyway. So we don't see her that often. But she has to provide for two teenagers on her own, So I get it.

I was only young when my parents died. Probably three or four, so I don't remember them. I've seen pictures, but I don't actually remember when the picture was taken, and that really sucks.

It was my birthday. Well, our birthday, Ashton and mines. My parents went out to get a cake I guess. It was storming pretty bad. "Stay home, the weathers bad." My grandmother told my mother, but she didn't listen. She insisted that she got her twin angels a cake for they're birthday. But I don't even like cake. Ironic isn't it? Maybe that day is the reason, or maybe I just don't like the taste. Anyway, my parents didn't listen to my grandmother, so they left. They didn't get into a car accident. However, something completely tragic did happen. They were both shot. How does someone get shot going to get there kids cake? It's horrible. But the bakery they went to was down in the sketchy area of Hudson, Pennsylvania. From what my aunt tells me, while they were getting the cake, a robber came into the bakery, asked for the money. The cashier however didn't give him the money. So the robber got out his gun, and shot them dead. All three of them.

So my birthday is not a very happy day for me. I usually just sit in my room and cry. And on my birthday, I let the dark thoughts consume me, because I don't want to be happy.

No one really knows what happened. Expect for my family members. I haven't even told Michael the entire story. All he knows is that my parents were shot dead on my birthday, and I don't like to talk about it. I'm just glad he respects me enough not to bring it up, or else we might have a problem. I can't deal with thinking about them.

All my life I have had more freedom than the other kids at school. Since my Aunt was working all the time, Me and Ash could do whatever we wanted. Me and Ashton are very different people because of that. Ashton became popular. He brought lots of girls home, an went out and partied. He wasn't a dick though. He has a real heart of gold. I think me and him and just a little bit heartbroken. We always will be, and that's ok. Ashton doesn't sleep around anymore, he as a girlfriend. Tanya is her name. I don't like her very much though. She is a real bitch, if I'm being honest. She has straight brown hair, and she is two times smaller than me, weight wise. She is absolutely gorgeous. But that's not why I dislike her. I dislike her because she is control. She only cares about herself, and money. I see it, when Ash tries to talk to he about something serious, she cuts him off and talks about the new clothes she's modelling. I honestly don't know why he's with her. But I know she's only with him because he's popular, and he knows it too.