Chapter 23 - The Ladies Room

((Robin on the side))

Chapter Twenty-three

We arrive at the ice cream store in Calum's Mercedes. We decided to all ride together to save on gas. The car ride was quite though. I sat in the front with Calum, and Luke and Robin sat in the back. Calum and Robin exchanged some small talk throughout the short drive, but Luke and I were silent.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I mumble as we walk inside. I don't actually have to go, I just need at minute to take this all in.

I walk to the back of the store, but to my surprise Robin is following me.

"Oh, Robin. Hi." I smile, and then turn around and roll my eyes.

"Luke is a little more than your brothers best friend, isn't he. I'm not stupid." She snaps and I raise my eyebrows.

"He is my brother best friend-"

"But you two have some kind of history. I see the way you look at him."

"Robin-" I shake my head and sigh.

"Don't tell me some bullshit excuse hun. Just back off, I love him and he loves me." She snaps and exits the bathroom.

Does he really love her?

Luke's POV

"So Luke, what have you been up to?" Calum asks me but I roll my eyes.

"Don't pretend like you care."

"You've always hated me, why?" Calum asks, trying to hide his smirk.

"Because I knew some shit like this would happen. Taylor would fall for you, even though you're a total dick."

He rolls his eyes. "You've got quite the girlfriend Luke. So beautiful." 

I almost ask him if he wants to trade, but I know that won't turn out well, so I just nod,

Robin marches out of the bathroom, flipping her hair and I wonder where Taylor is.

"Where Tay?" I say without thinking and Robin glares at me.

"Why do you care?" Robin scoffs and I clench my fists at my sides.

"Shes my friend."

"You know Luke, you haven't had sex with me, let alone touch me in days, but you're practically fucking that fat bitch with your eyes every time you see her." Robin raises her face and I hear Calum snicker from behind me.

"Don't you ever call her fat." I snap and walk to the girls bathroom. I know Taylor has had issues with her body, and some fake bitch calling her fat is not going to help.

Did I just call my girlfriend a fake bitch? Shit. I haven't even spoken with Taylor in months, but the moment I see her again, all the feelings come rushing back. I get defensive of her, and don't want anyone or anything to hurt her. I know its probably not great, but I worry about her. 

I love her. 

And I thought if I stopped talking to her, I would stop loving her. I thought I could make myself stop loving her. I figured it would be better of for both of us, but the second I locked eyes with her, all the feelings came back.

"Tay?" I call softly and push open the bathroom door, hoping she is the only one in here.

I hear sniffling coming from the first stall and wonder what the hell Robin said to her.

"Tay open the door please." I say and get no response. "Prudence." I say and here her giggle.

She opens up the stall door, and wipes the makeup the smudged under her eyes.

"This is a girls bathroom." She states and I roll my eyes, and walk over her, cupping her face with my hands.

"Are you alright?"

"No.." She whispers and looks away.

"Taylor-"

"You left me!" She pushes me away. "You said you would always be there for me, and when I needed you Luke you weren't there. You stopped calling so what did you want me to do?"

"If something was really that bad, you could have called me." I gulp, hoping nothing really bad happened while I was in California. She had Ashton, and Calum.

She laughs, "Oh Luke, if you only knew."

"You can't blame this all on me okay?" I raise my voice taking a step closer to her. "You had my number Tay. You could have called me. Why did I always have to call you? Plus, you didn't actually expect for us to keep in touch did you? Do you know how hard that is? Long distance relationship or not." I say out of anger, not really meaning it. Weather she expected it or not, I wanted to keep in touch with her. I just did what I thought would be better for her. I asked Ashton about her, all the fucking time. I just made him swear not to tell her. I wanted her to move on and be happy with someone who wouldnt always fight with her, like I do.

"Well Luke," her eyes are filled with tears. "I did kind of expect for you to put some effort into keeping in touch with me. And I almost called you a lot of times, but I felt like I was being desperate. And when you stopped calling out of the blue, I thought you hate me. But you're right, its my fault." She walks past me, but I grab her arm.

"Tay, let me explain."

"No, you have a girlfriend, I have a boyfriend, we're both happy, right?"

I sigh, "Taylor.."

"Lets go get some ice cream." She says and I let go of her, standing in the center of the bathroom floor. Just as she pulls open the door I call her name. "Tay wait!" She turns around and I walk over to her as fast as I can. My hands cup her face once again and without permission I lean in and kiss her.

Sparks ignite my body, and I feel like I am in fire. The sensation of the kiss lingers in the pit of my stomach as my lips move in rhythm with hers. The kiss was passionate, deep, but it seems like it ended before it even started because she pulls away, and touches her lips.

"Luke why did you do that!" She shouts and my eyes widen.

"I thought you-"

"You thought I love you?" She laughs. "I did love you. Fuck, I never stopped. I still love you Luke, but you don't get it. I was just a chapter in your story, but you were the whole fucking book Luke! From the first time we kissed I knew you were the one I would love forever. I could never find anyone to replace you. Calum just happened to be at the right place at the right time, but you probably fucked the first blonde bimbo you saw! I thought you were different Luke, I really did. I thought you loved me, but you proved to me that you didn't. And now I'm the girl who is in love with the boy she can never have, and you're teasing me! You come back into my life, flash your beautiful girlfriend in my face, and then kiss me? What the fuck!" By the time she is done yelling she is out of breath and I am speechless.

"Taylor," I breath. "My book is only one chapter."

"What?" She snaps.

"When I first moved here, I was an asshole. I slept around and didn't care about anyone because, well, no one cared about me, so I didn't care about anyone. And then I met you, and in a short period of time I fell in love with you Taylor. And I don't just hand out I love you's Tay, when I said that I loved you, I fucking meant it. And I stopped calling you Taylor because I was hoping you would move on, and be happy with someone else. Not because I stopped loving you. I love you. I love you more than I have ever loved anyone or anything in my life, and I just wanted what was best for you!" Now shes the speechless one.

We stand there, staring into each other eyes for what seems like hours. 

"They're waiting for us." She says after a few minutes. I nod and follow her out of the bathroom.

"What took you two so long?" Robin snaps at us.

"Just talking." Luke rolls his eyes. "And suddenly I'm not in the mood for ice cream."

-

ugh i hate Robin lol

hope you enjoyed. xoxoxo