Chapter 10 - Candy's Jams

Chapter 10

Taylor's POV

Mine and Luke's relation ship -- or whatever we have-- is the most confusing thing in the world. One minute he is getting angry because I wont have sex with him.But can you blame me? I don't even know what 'we' are. Then the next minute he is standing up for me.I don't get it.

Since the day I met Luke he has been like this. Its annoying yet intriguing at the same time, because you never know what mood he will be in.

I am now sitting in Luke's truck. He is speeding off to god know where, and I know he is angry. He hasn't said a word to me since we left his house.

"Luke," I say softly, but he ignores me. "Luke, I-"

"Don't say anything Taylor, I'm not in the fucking mood." He snaps, his eyes glued to the road.

Ouch, what did I do? I'm not going to let him be pissy to me just because his mom set him off.

"I didn't do anything Lu-"

"This is your fault Tay! You wanted to meet my mom. You. I didn't want you too because I new she would hurt your feelings and piss me off! So thanks a lot." He snap's, cutting me off.

"Take me home." I whisper, leaning my head against the window of his truck. I really don't have the energy to fight with Luke right now.

-

When I arrive home I don't even say goodbye to Luke. As soon as he parked his truck in my drive way I just got out and left. But he didn't try to come after me either. We were clearly both tired.

I wasn't mad at Luke. What he said made him sound like a dick, but he meant well. He just didn't want me to get my feelings hurt.

"Hey Tay, where you been?" I hear Ash call as I walk into the house. I walk into the living room, to find him sitting with his arm wrapped around some blonde. I know he has been seeing a new girl, but I haven't officially met her yet. She was beautiful. Blue eyes, blonde wavy hair. Her and Ashton made a very nice pairing.

"Um, just out." I lie. I don't want to tell Ash that I just had dinner with Luke's mother. He and Luke may be best friends but ha hates the idea of us together.

I stand there awkwardly, and the blonde sitting beside my brother stands up and walks over to me with a smile on her face. "Hi, I'm Anna. You must be Taylor? I have heard so many great things about you. You are so beautiful!" She rambles and I can't help but giggle.

"All the same to you Anna, it's so nice to finally meet you." I hold my hand out, but instead she pulls me into a hug. I smile at Ashton as I hug her back, letting him know I like her. Ashton means a lot to me, and I know I mean a lot to him, so I can tell it mattered if I liked her or not. But how could I not? She seemed great. Anything is better than his ex..gosh..

Anna, Ashton, and I spent the rest of the night just talking. Ash lets me know that she knows about our parents. She tells me how sorry she is, and how her mom passed in a tragic car accident ten years ago.

We make jokes, and watch movies, and I can tell Anna and I are going to be great friends. Around midnight I say goodnight to them and head up to my room.

I check my phone. Five new text messages. Great.

The first three are from Luke, reading;

*Are you upset with me?*,*I'msorry, my mom just gets me going..* and lastly, *Goodnight beautiful.*

I can't help but blush at the last text. No one has ever called me beautiful as much as Luke.

The next text is from Michael, *I miss you Tay... please call me sometime.*