A messy kitten is a sad kitty

Taehyung looks absolutely pissed and Jungkook can only wonder about the cause of it. The hybrid storms back to the apartment, leaving the younger to chase behind him through the crowd of people on the streets. Jungkook sighs relieved when they arrive at his home, or rather their home, and sees the older waiting on the stairs for him.

"Don't just run off like that okay?", Jungkook smiles, placing a hand on Taehyung's shoulder who averts his eyes immediately. The black haired male frowns a little seeing the hurt expression on the other's normally so joyful face.

Jungkook unlocks the door and gets startles as Taehyung slips in at a sudden speed like he should be inside as quick as possible. The younger drops the house keys on the table and wanders around the apartment, searching for the kitten who's hiding somewhere. Jungkook eventually hears small sobs and whimpers coming from his walk in closet. When he slides the door open he's met with a heartbreaking sight he had also encountered the night before. Taehyung looked like an absolute mess, and Jungkook drops down on his knees to embrace the other quickly.

"What's wrong Taehyung? What happened at the coffee shop? Why did you change your mind all of a sudden?", he asks softly, tracing patterns on the hybrid's back in order to calm him down. Taehyung doesn't say anything as his breath is still unstable, a few hiccups leaving his lips.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk right now but you'll have to tell me one time or another", Jungkook says, pulling back from the embrace, only to feel the tight grip Taehyung has on his sweater like he doesn't want to let go.

"Taehyung", Jungkook sighs, seeing the wrecked state of his roommate and friend. He wraps his arms around the other's small waist and lifts him up in his arms like he had done the night before. Taehyung doesn't reply as he only clings more onto the younger, pushing his face into the other's broad chest. Jungkook decides to lay the hybrid down in his bed but sighs when Taehyung still doesn't want to let go. The older had told him that he didn't want to sleep in the bed when he was in it but it didn't seem to matter at this point.

Jungkook eventually clambers into the bed beside him, pulling Taehyung back into a tight embrace with his legs tangled into the other's.

"T-Taehyung is s-sorry Master", Taehyung eventually sobs into the other's chest, the breaking of his voice muffled by the fabric.

The younger tenses at the mention of the word 'master' directed to him. Why would Taehyung call him that? He already has a master, unless he rejected his other master...

"Was your master in the coffee shop?", Jungkook asks, slowly figuring out the situation. He knows his assumption is right when he feels the small nod coming from the hybrid.

"Did he say something bad?", Jungkook asks, already fearing the answer.

"Y-yes he w-was speaking t-to a-another man about T-Taehyung. He t-told him th-that Taehyung is useless a-and only g-good for t-touching inappropriately b-but he couldn't d-do that s-so he g-got rid of Taehyung".

Jungkook got slightly worried about the fact that Taehyung was talking in third person about himself but maybe it was an emotional mechanism to deal with the pain. He had read a bit about hybrids the night before and found out they get attached really easily to their owners, even if they treat them badly.

"You're not useless Taehyung and if he couldn't see past your outer beauty to look at and respect the personality behind it then he's a bad person", Jungkook ruffled Taehyung's hair, feeling how the older calmed down by his words. It felt good to have the hybrid under his touch and next to him cuddled up and stuck to him.

"Thank you master", Taehyung yawns, feeling physically drained from crying.

Jungkook chuckles at the older's cuteness, "It's alright Taehyung and please don't call me master, call me Kookie instead".

"Okay, goodnight Kookie", the hybrid smiles as his eyes flutter closed.

Jungkook stares lovingly at the boy in his arms and the tail wrapped around him in a protective manner.

I can't believe he chose me to become his owner when all I want him to be is my boyfriend.