Waitress

I sigh as I open the door and enter the restaurant. Good, just on time for my shift today. I walk towards the back where all the workers meet up with each other.

"Hi Sam." Calvin greets.

"Hey Cal." I say back. Remember Calvin? How he used to work at the front desk at the apartments, and had a crush on Jess? Well now he works here. And his Jess crush still lives. I look up at the clock. Huh, 11:58PM. Just 2 minutes left before all of us have to start waitressing the tables. A job as a waitress here can get kind of boring, but at least I get $25 an hour. And at least a few friends, plus my boyfriend work here too.

"Hey! What are the 7 of you doing here just sitting?! Get up, and get prepared!" Candace yells at us.

Candace is the manager here, and she is SUCH a bossy bitch! She's always yelling at us and threatens to fire people. Calvin, Jess, Matthew, me, and pretty sure the whole staff, can not stand her!! I mean, the woman looks so sweet on the outside. But on the inside, I bet her blood is boiling and all the steam is running in her veins. The 7 of us waiters and waitresses get up, and get our notepads and pens ready as we see people coming in and sitting down. I look at Calvin as he walks to an elder lady and he start to write on the notepad.

I walk towards an old couple who seem very lovely.

"Hello there, how are you two?" I greet.

"We are both doing great, how about you young lady?" The man says to me.

"I'm doing great, thank you for asking." I smile at them. "May I get you something to drink?"

"My lady will have a cold ice tea, and I will have a cup of coffee." He answers.

"Alright, I will be right back with your drinks." I say politely as I put the notepad and pen down.

"Thank you very much." The lady says right before I turn around and walk back to the kitchen. I rip off the paper from my notepad and set it on the paper table. I get two glass cups, pick up one of them, and pour in the ice tea. I get the other glass cup and serve the coffee in it. Ooh, hot haha! I turn around and see Matthew come into the kitchen. He smiles as he sees me.

"Hey babe." Matt hugs me and gives me a quick peck on the cheek.

"Hey cutie." I say as I give him a kiss on his cheek.

"Matt." I chuckle as he keeps hugging me tight.

"Yeess?" He whispers in my ear softly as he tries to kiss me on my cheek again.

"I have to go give these drinks to a table." I pull apart from him.

"Fine. But I still have to get a real kiss from you later." He says as he lets go.

"Sure." I giggle and pick up both drinks, walking back to the old couple.

"Here you go Miss." I set the ice tea in front of her. "Here is your coffee sir." I set it in front of him. "May I take your order?' I get my pen ready.

"Yes you may. We will start with...the basket of bread please." The lady answers for her husband. Aww.

"Okay. I will be back with the basket shortly." I smile politely and walk back to the kitchen, giving the paper with the order to one of the cooks. I walk outside and see a guy alone sitting at a table. I guess I should take his order.

"Hello, how are you doing today?" I greet and the guy takes off his sunglasses and looks at me.

"Oh..hey." I say to Jack.