one

⋆                        ⋆                                      ⋆
          ⋆                               ⋆
                                 ⋆                    ⋆
W I T H
L O V E
M O O N

⋆                        ⋆                                      ⋆          ⋆                               ⋆                                 ⋆                    ⋆W I T HL O V EM O O N

[wes] | mickie
🌒🌔

THREE YEARS LATER . . .

"Rise and shine, Cremer!"

The guard banged on the metal bars. Being still half asleep, I squinted at the shadow in front of me.

"What time is it?" I stretched my arms out.

"Time to get up!"

I rubbed my eyes. I glanced at the little light that came into the cell and barely saw light coming in. It must've been early in the morning.

I continued yawning and almost falling back to sleep.

"Come with us, Cremer."

Wait, hold up. They were only taking me. What was going on? Has the much-anticipated day finally come? 

"What the hell-" Rocco spoke with a croaky voice. He peeked from his bunk above. His hair was all over the place and he even had a bit of drool on the corner of his lip. 

Rocco stared back and forth between the guard and me. Then he realized what was going on. "Oh man. I'm gonna miss you, bro."

I smiled. "Me too."

Rocco hopped off his bunk and wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't help but do the same. He was the only true friend I made in this place. I was truly going to miss him.

"See you on the outside, Wes." Rocco whispered in my ear.

We were still embraced in the brotherly hug. "Soon?"

"Let's hope so." He patted my back and pulled away. 

I finally stood up and followed the guard. I waved one last time to Rocco, my cellmate.

The guard escorted me from the cell to a small room.

"Here are clothes." He threw pants and a shirt.

As soon as they landed in my arms I recognized the wardrobe that came from my closet. The aroma of lemony fresh fabric traveled to my nostrils.

"There's the bathroom." He pointed to a door past me. Then the guard left the room pulling the door behind him.

I was alone with the clothing bundled in my arms.

There was wide transparent glass on the wall in front of me. I noticed the guards walking across the room glancing every once in a while into the room.